“Now easier to book or just walk in”
Review of Rose's Luxury

Rose's Luxury
Ranked #15 of 3,448 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Reviewed April 13, 2019

I've been here a few times over the years, and it has been consistently fantastic, but the experience has actually improved as its buzz has died down--now you can book the occasional same-day reservation, or just walk in at 5pm when they open.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank Austin N
Write a reviewReviews (504)

Reviewed April 9, 2019

Trendy and simply wonderful! I had dinner with a colleague while on a business trip to DC. He claimed it was his Favorite place in DC and I understand why. We had several of the Tapas style items that were all well prepared, fresh ingredients, complex flavor mix but it all worked really well. I would highly suggest you order the Tandoori...ish chicken! It was amazing! Their menu changes but some items remain staples. Service was excellent! I would eat there again for sure!

Date of visit: April 2019
3  Thank CincyTraveler60
Reviewed April 5, 2019

Yes, you wait in line, but the food is wonderful and the staff is great, too. I personally love the small, intimate space.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank StephanieAcks
Reviewed March 7, 2019

The attorney my wife works for said this is the best meal I have ever had at a restaurant. We had to go and we did....arrived at 5:00 and waited all of 5 minutes to be seated at a table. Waitress ( Ashley ) made us feel very welcome and she knew her stuff....very knowledgeable about the history of the place and she also knew the menu very well. She was very helpful and enthusiastic. The Lychee Salad is well worth trying and the Carby was also quite good. The highlight was the Brisket Sandwich.....OMG.....incredible! Carrots were also tasty but the Brisket Sandwich is amazing. This place is off the beaten path but well worth your time to find it and enjoy it.

Date of visit: March 2019
3  Thank Gregg C
Reviewed March 4, 2019

Typically, you cannot reserve a table in advance at Rose's Luxury. But in the 2018 winter holiday season, this popular restaurant offered gift reservations. We bought a reservation for 4 people ($300), and invited another couple as their 50th wedding anniversary present. As usual, both the food and the service were outstanding, items that were on the menu, as well as extra treats. We ordered 4 small plates and 1 family plate, plus 2 desserts, and it was a perfect amount of food. I had the SQUASH BLOSSOM RANGOON for my small plate, with was jumbo lump crab, chili crunch, sweet & sour sauce, and it was delicious.

We were very happy with our experience, with a table that was toward the back and not at all noisy. And by the way, we still have about $45 left on our gift reservation. We have to decide when to return.

Date of visit: February 2019