“Location is good, food decent”

MacKey's Public House
Ranked #2,128 of 3,216 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Connecticut Ave/ K Street
Montreal, Canada
“Location is good, food decent”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The location was great for a late night beer. I really did not like the service. Our waiter took so much time to bring out our drinks. He wasnt really polite, no thank yous, no asking us if everything was fine. Customer service wasnt really good. Food wise, the chips werent good. They just had no flavour to them. The salsa dipping sauce was pretty good. Meal wise, I took a fish and chips and it wasnt good. Fish tasted like nothing but the tartar sauce was actually very good.

• Visited June 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not terrible, but not high on my list”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I've been to this place a handful of times mostly because of its location and the fact that they have outside seating in the summer. Overall though, I think there are plenty more options in the area that I'd prefer.

If you do go, I wouldn't count on the food much beyond things like mozzarella sticks (the chicken wrap is decent though), and I've always found that the beer on tap has a somewhat odd taste. Not sure what it is, but I've learned to stick with bottles.

• Visited May 2013
Cicero
“Great place for Lunch and a Pint of your Favorite Brew”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great burgers, great selection of Irish and other select Micro-brews. If you like soccer, the have several screens with multiple games being displayed

Visited March 2013
Amarillo, Texas
“Good pub grub”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I loved this place. The beer selection was great (except not having Blue Moon), and the grub was fantasticly great! No smoking, so you can actually see, and that's nice. It's attached to the Quincy and if you're staying in he hotel it's a great little gem that you don't even have to leave the hotel for.

• Visited March 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Adequate food”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The server took a long time to great our table and take our orders. There were only 3 of us and she had to come back to ask questions about our orders 2 times after not writing it down. Food was lukewarm and average. Looks like a good place to hang out and have a drink, but the food was average.

Visited February 2013