“Fun place to meet”

Cuisines: Irish
Neighborhood: Connecticut Ave/ K Street
Neighborhood: Connecticut Ave/ K Street
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Enjoyed my first game of darts (I won!), fun yet not overly crowded place with cosy wood ambiance to meet newly graduated daughter and friends.

There are newer reviews for MacKey's Public House

Reviewed October 27, 2011

Mackeys Public House suits both British and local tastes, with its tasty Anglo-American Menu, and good variety of beers from both sides of the pond (including Guinness, my favourite!).
There are at least 10 screens showing different sports, but the sound is only turned up on request, allowing a decent chance to chat!

Reviewed September 25, 2011

I visited this Pub twice in a three day stay in DC. The first was alone for lunch, the second was at night with my daughter.

At lunch, the service was horrible as the waitress at the bar seems to be disturbed as I bothered her for a beer. Normally when you ask how something on the menu was or if she recommended anything, you get somewhat of an answer. But not this waitress, maybe because it was a Wednesday afternoon and she was tired from the lunch crowd.

Later that day we had a different bartender and alittle better service, but like I said, the Chilli was great as was the Guinness. I guess you always have to take the good with the bad.

I would visit again to give them another chance.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

Stay away from this place. It is a dirty, foul smelling bar which employs every nationality but Irishmen.The "public house" has no air of an Irish establishment and lacks any character at all. The drinks are small, but at least they are over-priced. There is no reason to visit this establishment besides the fact that you are desperate.

Reviewed August 3, 2011

This was my second trip to MacKey's but first time to eat. The bar is definitely a happening place, but that's about it. My chicken sandwich was the consistency of a shoe--completely inedible. When the waiter finally noticed that I was not eating (and my beer glass had been empty for about 15 minutes), I explained my lack of enthusiasm for the food. He simply cleared it without a word! He did not ask if I wanted anything else or offer to delete the chicken road kill sandwich from my bill. I won't be returning there--ever. There are too many other good choices in the area including the Black Rooster which is only a block away.

3  Thank Ninjaneer1