“Talay Thai - Thai Taste on the Hill”

Talay Thai Restaurant
Ranked #899 of 3,228 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Description: Talay Thai restaurant is located near Capital Hill Washington D.C. The restaurant offer a relaxed, cozy and friendly atmosphere suitable for business lunches to casual dinning. We provide dine in, take-out and delivery. Our goal has been to serve the most authentic traditional Thai food. All of our food is prepared on the premises from fresh ingredients, Thai herb and individually cooked for you direct from your order by our personally staff. Thank you for visiting our website and we are looking forward to see you at Talay Thai Restaurant.
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Talay Thai - Thai Taste on the Hill”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This restaurant has been my favorite since I relocate to Washington, DC area. The food is very good. It is located on the Hill, close to the U.S. Capitol, Canon House Office Building and more. After the sightseeing around the Capitol including the Supreme Court and the beautiful Dome in the Library of Congress, it is time to fulfil my hunger. I love the mushroom soup (how about order rice on the side to add in the soup?) and if you like spicy dish like me, basil fried rice is the way to go+++ Well, depends on what degree (mild, medium or spicy) that you like it, of course. I told myself that I would try something else, when it's time to order...the basil fried rice wins me over.

• Visited September 2012

“Authentic Thai food, reasonable price, good location”
Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Just south of the House office buildings, there are a few small restaurants from which to choose. At Talay Thai, one is greeted warmly by someone who actually speaks Thai. The menu contains all the traditional Thai offerings, and there are a couple of specials as well. My wife and I chose Panang curry and green curry, a salad and another appetizer. The flavors were robust, the meat of good quality and the vegetables fresh and cooked correctly -- which is to say, crisp and retaining their natural color and texture. The check was quite reasonable, especially for this part of town. The nearest Metro is Capitol South, a block away, but you can also walk from Union Station past the imposing government buildings. We are always on the lookout for Thai restaurants, and this one is now on our list when we visit Washington.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Great place for lunch after touring Capitol Hill”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had lunch here after a morning at the Capitol and Library of Congress. It was an easy walk. The food was great, the service was polite and quick, and the price was more than reasonable with most entrees around $8 to $10. We got there around 12:30 and the restaurant was full (mostly locals) but not packed--we only waited a few minutes.

• Visited August 2012
Tucson
“Good choice, great location”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Right near the metro stop for the Capitol, and tucked between two other popular places. Ate dinner here with my wife and daughter and all of us really enjoyed it. Great service. Each course was very tasty. Fairly priced too.

• Visited July 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Still My Capitol Hill Favorite”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Squeezed right in between two heavy-hitting restaurants (and Subway) that are well-known to Capitol Hill staffers, Talay Thai still holds its own in competing for the palates in the area.

For years I have ventured to Talay Thai for a quick lunch or a late night dinner. Their menu consists of a variety of light to filling but all flavorful Thai dishes. From their sweet Chicken with Peanut Sauce to their spicy basil dishes, when I have invited people here to eat they have always found something their liking.

One of my favorite dishes is their curry puffs, a pastry-like appetizer made with stuffed ground chicken, potato, carrot, curry powder and wheat flour. Dipping it in their cucumber and onion sauce is a divine experience for the taste buds (but you may want to have a tic-tac handy.)

The restaurant has a small dining area with a bar, but even on a busy day the staff manage to seat you in a timely manner. On warmer days they have outdoor seating available. This a great place for tourist to people watch (or Hill staffers to tourist watch), but watch out. There are a flock of birds who like Talay Thai’s food and don’t mind flying near you to share your meal.

• Visited January 2012