“The worst pizza and service in DC”
Review of New York Pizza

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Hyatt Washington DC near the Capitol Building. We were hungry one night and the hotel conierge gave us a few restaurant flyers, one which included New York Pizza company. We decided to order from here, since the hotel said they had a good relationship with this place. This was the biggest food/restaurant mistake we made during our entire trip in Washington DC! First of all, the delivery driver and restaurant messed up our order and had to come back 3 separate times to try to get everything we ordered. Nobody bothered to call me from the restaurant to explain the situation, which is a horrible reflection on management. It took them 1 hour 15 minutes just to get a simple order of pizza, wings and fries to us. Needless to say, the food was very cold by the time it reached us. Also, it was very bland and plain tasting food. We paid way too much money for what we were given. I never received a refund or any kind of compensation for our trouble. They made us pay for the entire order upfront even though they hadn't delivered our entire order, but said they would send another driver later with the remainder of our order. The third time the delivery driver came back, he forgot to bring us a bottled water we ordered and had to walk across the street to buy one. Why on earth is it so hard to deliver a correct order on time?? Why is it so hard for management to communicate with a customer when they clearly messed up our order 3 times in a row? Don't waste your time or money with this horrible place. The very next day we ordered pizza and wings from a totally different restaurant and they had our food there in 13 minutes and it was hot, fresh and delicious. I learned my lesson this time. Next time I'm in Washington DC I will NOT order anything ever again from New York Pizza restaurant. I will also warn all my family and friends who travel to DC to not waste their time and money with this horrible place. Do yourself and your family/friends a favor and order from anybody else but this New York Pizza.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We were staying at the Hyatt near Capitol Hill. We asked the concierge for a recommendation and they have me this pizza place.

They showed up an hour late with ice cold pizza. But here"s the key thing. Even if the wings and pizza we ordered showed up on time, they would have sucked bad. Pap johns or dominos is way better and would have been a better choice.

So don't waste your time on this pizza place. You will be ripped off and sadly disappointed.

1  Thank dblack140
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We were staying at a hotel in Washington DC and the desk clerk recommended this pizzaria as they deliver. The prices were somewhat high but we were tired out from the days activities. We ordered 2 specialty pizzas and a popper appetizer. I asked them what my total would be so we could get together the correct change when the guy arrived. They told us $42 and change. He also stated there would be a 30 minute wait. One hour later the delivery boy called to say he was just entering the driveway. My husband grabbed the exact change which included almost a $3 tip. Even though they were 30 minutes late we figured that wasn't the delivery guys fault. My husband went down to the lobby and the guy was waiting in his car outside! Hubby went out to him and gave him the $$. The guy insisted that they didn't include the tax and we owed another $5. Fine. My husband quickly recalculated the amount and again included a $3 tip. When the driver was given the amount he loudly stated "Is that all you are gonna give me?" My husband was embarrassed as he thought $3 was over and above! He took our order and came back upstairs. The pizza was cold. Not just warm but COLD. The poppers were good!! LOL This pizza also did not have much cheese on it. That's saying alot as one of them was a cheeselovers pie!! I would hope this was just an off day but it was a Tuesday at 7pm. Really no reason for this service!

1  Thank Brendas92665
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We walked in on a rainy Monday night and ordered a Medium Spinach and Artichoke Pizza to go. It was $15 and cooked within 10 mins. Tasted great!

The atmosphere is not good, but the food was good and the service was friendly.

2  Thank Andrewblaylock