“Would not order from them again”
Review of New York Pizza

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We were staying at a hotel in Washington DC and the desk clerk recommended this pizzaria as they deliver. The prices were somewhat high but we were tired out from the days activities. We ordered 2 specialty pizzas and a popper appetizer. I asked them what my total would be so we could get together the correct change when the guy arrived. They told us $42 and change. He also stated there would be a 30 minute wait. One hour later the delivery boy called to say he was just entering the driveway. My husband grabbed the exact change which included almost a $3 tip. Even though they were 30 minutes late we figured that wasn't the delivery guys fault. My husband went down to the lobby and the guy was waiting in his car outside! Hubby went out to him and gave him the $$. The guy insisted that they didn't include the tax and we owed another $5. Fine. My husband quickly recalculated the amount and again included a $3 tip. When the driver was given the amount he loudly stated "Is that all you are gonna give me?" My husband was embarrassed as he thought $3 was over and above! He took our order and came back upstairs. The pizza was cold. Not just warm but COLD. The poppers were good!! LOL This pizza also did not have much cheese on it. That's saying alot as one of them was a cheeselovers pie!! I would hope this was just an off day but it was a Tuesday at 7pm. Really no reason for this service!

1  Thank Brendas92665

Reviewed November 21, 2011

We walked in on a rainy Monday night and ordered a Medium Spinach and Artichoke Pizza to go. It was $15 and cooked within 10 mins. Tasted great!

The atmosphere is not good, but the food was good and the service was friendly.

2  Thank Andrewblaylock