“Gave it 2 chances”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Upper Northwest
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I went for lunch. Someone led me to my table,and one of the servers,maybe a manager, was sitting at a table watching TV. Not a good sign.After reading the menu for a few minutes I was wondering if anyone was going to take my order. There were only 2 other tables occupied.Finally the guy who appeared to be in charge asked me what I wanted,only he was on his way to deliver drinks to another table. Didn't bother to come to me. I could hear the guys in the kitchen trading f bombs while waiting a long time for my food. The roast beef sandwich wasn't bad. Couple days later I went for breakfast. I went in and waited to be seated. The place was empty,no tables occupied. No greeter. As I stood there and checked the menu I could see people working in the back but they apparently couldn't be bothered by a customer. Instead of begging to be seated I just walked out and went to another place.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Food was fine - diner style with large portions and they have a kids menu. We had a very friendly server. Atmosphere is ok - a little dark and needs some updating. Prices were decent. Overall, there are better places to eat in this immediate area, but this is a good option if you want something quick and simple.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Enjoyed breakfast here on two days while staying at the Omni. Very good, reasonably priced food, and freiendly service.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We dined here for breakfast during Labor Day weekend, and the service and food was good. However, the next morning we ate here, the service was not as good and we were not nearly as satisfied.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was looking for a place to have breakfast with my daughter and my grandson. We were driving south on Connecticut Ave., headed for DuPont Circle when my daughter spotted the Woodley Cafe on the other side of the street. It was Sunday morning so I did a quick U-turn and pulled into a parking space right in front of the restaurant. We sat outside for our breakfast. I ordered the Belgian waffle and my daughter ordered the eggs Benedict and we shared our dishes. My waffle was cooked perfectly and wonderfully delicious. The eggs Benedict were superb. The coffee was strong but not bitter. The only problem was the somewhat slow service. It wasn't very busy so there was no reason I could see for the slow service. I had to ask for more coffee even though my cup was clearly empty by the time we got our food. Considering what we spent for breakfast the day before at the Old Ebbit Grill, I found the prices to be very reasonable.