“Good spot but don't be in a hurry”
Review of Tune Inn

Tune Inn
Ranked #269 of 3,298 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Reviewed April 8, 2013

CApitol HIll area, great street to stroll. Funky little restaurant with a long waiting line, probably because it takes forever to be served. Good food, they have breakfast all day. We ordered an omelet and pancakes at lunch and it took about 45 minutes to get our food after our order. I hope government workers aren't there on their lunch break.

1  Thank Curiousgal50

Reviewed April 5, 2013

What can you not say about tune inn. Solid spot to eat on any day or night. Good service with some good deals. I prefer the turkey special on Tues and the BLT is not slim on the bacon.
Chili is also a tasty fav with just the right amount of twang.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Been going here (very sporadically) for many years (since 1975). Every time I go, I return within a month because I enjoy it so much.

This is an aberration among fancy, overpriced DC establishments. Good bar food, good drinks, cozy atmosphere, taxidermy heaven (decorations), and nice folks.

Definitely a must see place - I think it was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives as they have the framed picture on the wall.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and i got the Diners Drive Ins and Dives app for our trip to DC. Had high hopes but this was not a spot I would recommend. Price was great for pub grub, which is a relief on Capitol Hill. Appetizer: fried pickle spears. Half of the spears had the breading fried off so it was just oily pickles. The survivors had so much dough(not breading) that it was a raw dough center. Entrees: The West Virginia Meat sandwich was OK, but they neglected to put their signature sauce on. Other Entree: Deep Fried cheddar cheese burger. It was dipped in dough and fried. No chili, no cheddar. Served on a store bought potato bun. Some generic processed single slice of American Cheese.,, you know, the kind that never really melts. Fortunately they at least took the burger off the bill. As for service... i give it a 3 of 10. Had the waiter come back once to ask how everything was, the restaurant may have given itself an opportunity to redeem itself. The two tables surrounding us were also vocal about their experience. For their sake, I hope it was just a really bad day.

1  Thank adecentbitetoeat
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This place has been here for a while and is well documented on shows such as "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives". After visiting Library of Congress, it was a 5 minute walk around the corner to get here. Was able to find a table during lunch hour rush. We were promptly greeted, and it wasn't but about five minutes before some draft brews got put in front of us. Menu is simple. Mostly sandwiches, burgers, and other "diner" food. However, there was some real quality behind the food. I had the "West Virginian", which was an excellent roast beef sandwich. My wife had one of the burgers, which she really liked. I highly recommend this place if you find yourself by the capitol building during lunch.