“Horrific...you count as nothing being the paying customer” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Georgetown
Neighborhood: Georgetown
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Horrific...you count as nothing being the paying customer”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2010

A large group of us went for drinks and dancing for a friend's birthday and it was overcrowded, the bartenders were serving anyone no matter how drunk they appeared to be, and we decided to leave. When the bartender ignored two members of our party trying to pay their tabs, he cursed them out using some of the most profane language of I have in quite a while. We did not tip the bartender, but he added on over $60 in charges and tips to our three separate tabs on our cards. We called the manager to handle it, and received the attention of the partner who spent days playing phone tag to update us on what his employees said happened versus what we said happened. We were not interested in what his employees lied about, we wanted our money back. The partner said we would have to contest it through our banks b/c corporate does not allow them to refund to our cards. Ridiculous, right? Forgery, verbal abuse, fraud charges, and then no compensation? Stay away.

Virginia
“Excellent food & great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

Husband and I stopped here last Friday for a mid-afternoon lunch and were both very happy with the food and the service. We had the 1/2 price Friday fish special and were impressed with the quality of the food, the friendly service and the huge portions!! The flounder was expertly prepared and there was a lot of it on the plate. Home made coleslaw and seasoned fries made for the perfect lunch while out shopping in Georgetown. The only negative was the sweet iced tea that could have been a tad sweeter. Otherwise, the meal was perfect, the service was exceptional and the ambiance was very friendly. We will be back!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank frenchienut
Cork, Ireland
“This reviews their restaurant (downstairs section) not any type of night life they may offer. We dined at 7:00 p.m...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2008

We dined at 7:00 p.m. on a Saturday night and there was no wait for a booth table (a nice change from the other spots on Wisconsin Avenue and M Street at the same time of week). Once seated, we were greeted cheerfully and advised on the menu.

I started with a spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup. A Yuengling accompanied the meal. I LOVED my Maryland Crab Cake Sandwich (the fries were decent, the tartar sauce good, the bun was lightly toasted though I went straight for the cake). I was born and raised in DC/Maryland, so a good crab cake is next to godliness for me. My mealmates happily enjoyed their Blue Cheese Burger and Club Sandwich. The Caesar salad was good, but considering the weather outside it just didn't work for this time of year.

The dark wood made the place feel warm, cozy, and authentic to its Georgetown history. There were several TVs with sports and one with Wheel Of Fortune (kind-of a sport, right?), but the sound was down so it wasn't crazy noisy. I liked that there was no plaque bragging about how St. Elmo's Fire was filmed there. Resting on one's laurels doesn't work well in DC.

While there, a very intoxicated gentleman was quietly escorted out. I appreciated that since who needs drama while you're eating.

Overall, a very casual (almost mellow) and friendly atmosphere. Everything was clean and smelled of food where we were, but I remember from my bar hopping days that the nightlife area was not as welcoming.

2 Thank EvinOK
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“bar first, restaurant 3rd, ha!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2008

bar first, restaurant 3rd, ha!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“If you want a college ambiance, that's the place. 15 years ago i liked it. Today, i need something a bit more...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2008

If you want a college ambiance, that's the place. 15 years ago i liked it. Today, i need something a bit more sophisticated ;)

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook