“Great Seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Try the seafood soups or whole fish hunan style. Clean and good service

Reviewed November 13, 2011

It took us forever to choose which Chinese restaurant to eat at because there are so many in these couple blocks. Everyone we asked on the street told us to go to Tony Cheng's, hands down. Tony Cheng's has two restaurants in this one building. The one downstairs is the buffet (not very busy), but this one upstairs was excellent (and packed with people)! The seafood was really amazing and the service was great. They were very professional, attentive, and stayed on top of our needs. The prices weren't bad, a little high, but I realize it's downtown DC. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone traveling through.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

We were told that this was "the place" for Chinese food and that the dim sum was incredible. The food was OK but not exceptional as we'd expected; the service was mediocre at best. The cost of the meal would have been justified had the food and service been better. I believe that the prices reflect what should be a "dining experience" but you'd be better off eating at one of the little "hole-in-the-wall" places nearby if you're looking for great food & great service.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I just moved from London to DC less than 2 week's ago. Decided to try out the dim sum scene in the China Town . Chose Tong Cheng's because the Rough Guide recommended it. The decoration was out dated and very tired. The food is the sticky point. I can only speak on the dim sum I had, I did not order anything else. It was terrible. There is no taste to anything I ordered. I ordered 6 dishes, beef balls, siu mei, prawn dumplings, Cha siu buns, prawn cheung fun and pan fried pork dumplings. All the wrappings of the dumplings are as think as parcel wrapping paper. There is no taste to anything I ate. It was worse than dim sum I ate in China over 20 year's ago.

Reviewed April 27, 2011

Granted! This is in the middle of Chinatown, so It is a bit pricey ,but, the portions are worth it! I ordered the Spring Rolls (absolutely the best I have ever had). The Hot and Sour Soup (standard), and the Honey Shrimp with Walnuts. The Entree had 12 Tempura Battered Huge Shrimp with Candied Walnuts. It came with Steamed Rice and was superb! The service was horrible tho! Hot Tea on the house! This is the upstairs restaurant, there is a Mongolian BBQ downstairs.