“Overall good food, and the best yogurt that we have ever had”

The Parthenon Restaurant
Ranked #520 of 3,292 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Livingston St. NW
Transit: Friendship Heights
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had a wonderful Baked Lamb, cooked in a flavorful tomato-based sauce. Also a baked Trout with spinach and feta. For dessert we had yogurt with honey and walnuts. It sound simple, but this was one of the best desserts we have ever eaten. The taste and texture of the yogurt was amazing.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We have visited this restaurant a few times now since moving to the DC area. We have spent a lot of time in Greece in the past and find it difficult during our travels around the globe to find good quality Greek fare. This restaurant is one of those great gems. The food is total quality. The grilled octopus is especially delicious. Parthenon also keeps a good stock of Greek wines on hand. Outstanding food. Service is great and the atmosphere is top notch. What can I say? We highly recommend a visit to Parthenon. A great experience for us and we will be back.

1  Thank Eddie A
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We visit this restaurant at least twice each month from April through October. We love the outdoor seating and the general view. An outstanding appetizer is the fried calamari with the luscious tomato sauce. I highly recommend this as a starter to your dining experience. The entrees are also very good, especially the classical Greek dishes. A wonderful evening or weekend experience.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Good menu with good choices and selections. Went there for lamb and seafood, and each of the dinners used fresh ingredient, herbs and sides. Coming from a place that does not have particularly good bread, that served here was near the best ever. Ask Leo (server) for name and he will give it to you, but as it is in Landover, I'm sure that must or could do a very good retail business if they wanted--no time for me to try however. While we ate earlier than the norm (rush hour was not yet over) parking was ample. Overall very enjoyable.

1  Thank Michael T
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I were in the area and wanted to grab dinner before a movie. I hadn't been to this restaurant in years, but am glad I revisited it. The service was attentive, but not overly so. The atmosphere was pleasant. The house wine was very nice. I really enjoyed the egg and lemon soup! We shared a variety of appetizers because we were curious but weren't too hungry, and we left very satisfied. The menu looks so good, we'll have to return for a larger meal soon!