“Great neighborhood food & drink”

The Parthenon Restaurant
Ranked #513 of 3,283 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Livingston St. NW
Transit: Friendship Heights
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Excellent food, friendly service. Many friendly people gathered for casual night out.Nice option to get off the tourist route. Try the hummus, calamari and whole fish , just to name a few items.

There are newer reviews for The Parthenon Restaurant

Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Outstanding!! Whatt else can I say. Moussaka was the best I have ever had. Lamb was amazing. Great Grecian beers and wine. Ouzo was amazing, OPA!!! Even though the food was amazing. The best thing about this place was the staff. The waiters were all authentic Greeks who were more than happy to tell you of their Greek experiences. I would highly recommend this place for an amazing Greek restaurant. Prices were definitly fair too.

1  Thank Dmb1025
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Although we've lived nearby for years, we tried this restaurant for the first time last Saturday night. The restaurant has a nice outdoor patio. It was a warm evening and, as we walked towards the restaurant's front door, we looked around to see whether by chance there was a table free outside. The first words of greeting we heard from the manager standing near the door were "Inside seating only." Not "Good evening" or "Welcome to the Parthenon." Just "Inside seating only." Well, OK, inside seating it is!

The menu is extensive and we took a few minutes to place our order. Both my husband and I ordered a glass of wine and a main course. We waited half an hour for our glasses of wine. The people at the table next to ours arrived after we did, ate, paid their bill and left before we got anything to eat besides bread. Our waiter finally approached with plates of food, but the food he brought was someone else's order. It was more than an hour after we arrived before we got our food.

My husband ordered the combination plate; he thought it was tasty, but not quite as good as the similar plate at the Mykonos Grill in Rockville. My broiled swordfish with potatoes and vegetables was very good. All in all, we enjoyed the food, but the decent meal didn't make up for the deficiencies in the service.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

The service was very good. The food was average but it seems dependable. The restaurant was crowded and were treated very nicely. The cheese flambe was great, the eggplant salad horrible, the moussaka just average.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

We ate at this restaurant with my wife's family as it is literally 3 mins from their house... I must say, it is quite authentic . Portions were good and tasty. I am not a fan of Greek food overall, but we enjoyed our meal. The outdoor seating right on CT. Ave was a bit loud and busy, but it was a nice night out.