“Italian restaurant conveniently located on Connecticut Ave” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Odeon Restaurant - CLOSED

Odeon Restaurant
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Transit: Metro stop red line Dupont Circle, Q Street Exit
Description: Located in the heart of the Dupont Circle area for more than 24 years, Odeon Cafe is located conveniently only two+ blocks from the Metro, offering an exciting culinary experience within an inviting atmosphere. Our newly renovated two-story dining room provides a beautiful and spacious bar where you can relax during happy hour or while awaiting a table. Our comfortable seating includes intimate tables for two and space for families or even parties of ten or more. We have a good selection of Italian, American and French wines and champagnes, available by the glass or bottle. Thus you are sure to find an appropriate spirit to enhance any of our entrees. Our colorful continental decor, along with the savory aromas of Italian cooking, help create the ambience that makes the Odeon Cafe a wonderful place to visit. Odeon Cafe will be serving a traditional 3-course Thanksgiving Day feast on 11/22/07 for $18.95, as well as its regular menu.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Italian restaurant conveniently located on Connecticut Ave”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Reviews are very mixed. We had not been here for several years. Went on a Sunday evening, and everything was lovely. We eached ordered off the special menu and were very pleased with the food, service, and the price.

Visited February 2013

Ligonier PA
“Italian and nice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Service and atmosphere are quite good. I have enjoyed my meals here, but the wine options should be better.

Visited January 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went for brunch twice in 2 days at this restaurant. We found it very strange that it was so empty on both occasions. We loved the decor, the staff were efficient, helpful and friendly, the unpretentious atmosphere of this family run business was also refreshing. The food we had was just great although 3 eggs in each meal was over the top. I would happily recommend the Odeon to anyone who enjoys Italian food. We will definitely go there again if we are ever in Washington again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Another OK Italian Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is a pretty typical Italian bistro with a decent menu of pastas, pizzas and other typical Italian fare. The waiter was much better than average and was knowledgable about the food. The Bolognese sauce was nothing unique or special but more than adequate. Atmosphere is fairly modest and Itlaian music is playing in the background. This is definitely a place to sample and I'd go back there if I were in the Dupont Circle/Embassy Row area. However, with so many good choices in D.C. I'll check out other restaurants before going back. Still, nothing wrong and a perfectly adequate choice for a quiet, relaxed meal.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TommyBoy94
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Yet another mediocre overpriced restaurant in DC using wilted produce”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

I didn't have high expectations after being greeted by the blasé female hostess who later examined me from head to toe critically putting me ill at ease. The waiter provided terrific service and while there were some highlights to our meal, unfortunately this restaurant resembles so many other overpriced and pretentious DC restaurants with their mediocre food. My salad was wilted, the carpaccio suspiciously lukewarm, and they serve parmasean cheese in a powder form rather than the fresh variety. The pasta is quite good but the portions unacceptably small. I definitely wouldn't recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012