“Pleasant Brunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Transit: Metro stop red line Dupont Circle, Q Street Exit
Description: Located in the heart of the Dupont Circle area for more than 24 years, Odeon Cafe is located conveniently only two+ blocks from the Metro, offering an exciting culinary experience within an inviting atmosphere. Our newly renovated two-story dining room provides a beautiful and spacious bar where you can relax during happy hour or while awaiting a table. Our comfortable seating includes intimate tables for two and space for families or even parties of ten or more. We have a good selection of Italian, American and French wines and champagnes, available by the glass or bottle. Thus you are sure to find an appropriate spirit to enhance any of our entrees. Our colorful continental decor, along with the savory aromas of Italian cooking, help create the ambience that makes the Odeon Cafe a wonderful place to visit. Odeon Cafe will be serving a traditional 3-course Thanksgiving Day feast on 11/22/07 for $18.95, as well as its regular menu.
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had a very good brunch at the Odeon. Decor is pleasant with paintings of Italian scenes, a balcony looking out onto a small atrium space, and French doors opening out onto Connecticut Avenue. Both the Eggs Benedict and the Eggs Cafe Odeon (poached eggs and hollandaise over cured salmon and English muffin) were properly done. Service was attentive. A nice place for a brunch at a reasonable price.

There are newer reviews for Odeon Restaurant

Reviewed September 10, 2012

After a seven hour flight my pasta dinner and glass of wine at the friendly Odeon bar/restaurant were just what I needed. Perfect atmosphere poised between casual and class and entertaining staff in constant conversation with quirky regulars from Dupont Circle.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We ate here on the first night of our DC vacation. As it is located in the very busy Dupont circle, we should have known we were wasting our time when they had seats available All other restaurants were packed). We both ordered pesto (mine scallop, my companions chicken). The sauce was awful. Both dishes were swimming in oil. I realize that pesto is oil based, but it shoudn't look like your pasta is in a green, slimy swimming pool! The service was not great either. The waitress took an immediate dislike to my companion, and was unable to give a great wine pairing for the food (although what we ordered was so bad, maybe she figured no wine could help it!) I would steer clear of this place.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I hate to write this and be the sour voice among the reviews. My wife and I visited on August 13, our last night in DC. After walking up and down Connecticut Ave. we decided on Odeon.

At our table our waiter pushed us through the ordering process. He practically insisted that I order a specific glass of wine (the most expensive). He wanted our food order immediately, as well. We put him off and considered our selections. They had their regular menu, the evening's specialties and special menu for Restaurant week. I considered the Restaurant week specialty (shrimp and lobster) but saw it on a fellow diner's plate and it looked ordinary at best.

My wife and I ordered a pasta. Her's with chicken. Mine with scallops. What was supposed to be a tomato sauce intermingled with pesto came out like green slime—really. Additionally, the scallops were the little "punch" scallops, not real ones. The bread was served with oil and again some kind of slimey green pesto or something in it.

The waiter continued pushing us through our meal at every chance possible. This was fine as we just wanted to finish the meal and leave as fast as possible.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

The hotel was in a great location on Dupont Circle, its atmosphere and good menu was also very promising however, the quality of food didn't deliver. Every thing tasted, store bought, on the cheap with no flavor and poor quality. What a shame - they had all the great ingredients for a great italian restaurant but left out the most important - freshness and home made goodness.