“Love Bardia”

Neighborhood: Adams Morgan
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Love Bardia”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

The owner and staff are so nice. They are genuine about the customer having a very nice experience. The food is a little bland, but you go for the friendly vibe and drinks.

• Visited November 2012

cleveland
“Fantastic food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Had the alligator gumbo for appetizer (recommended by the owner, also our waiter) and it was delicious (5.50 a cup). I had the shrimp and chicken etoufee which was by far the best I have ever had, perfectly seasoned Wife had the prime rib po'boy which was delicious as well. We got the beignets for dessert and were also very good. If i lived in DC i would be here for food all the time and couldnt stop talking about it all week!

• Visited July 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Love This Place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

It's intimate, it isn't fussy and the food is good. Things I've had that I like are the gumbo (all kinds), Catfish bites (the sauce is good), salad (I like the dressing), the seafood linguini was VERY tasty, and the beignets...I would actually hurt someone to get some (kidding)! But what makes the place so wonderful is the owner, Bardia. He's one of the kindest people you'll ever meet. And I like how I can kind of peek into the kitchen and see the staff making everything FRESH! I love the place!

• Visited February 2012
“Real beignets! Good atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

My wife and I came across this restaurant while staying in the Adams-Morgan district. A lucky find. It was a great treat to have genuine beignets, not an item I expected to find this far north. We also had very fine Eggs Benedict with home fries. Enjoyed chatting with the owner, a charming guy who has been in this location for some 20 years. He has watched the neighborhood blossom and can give you the details--which are very interesting. He is unobtrusive, and his voice is soft; you need to listen carefully. The menu is limited, but what they do, they seem to do very well. Prices are wonderfully reasonable. This part of 18th Street is a fun section of town. Have some beignets and eggs at the Cafe, then enjoy the area.

• Visited April 2012
north carolina
“Good jambalaya and gumbo”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Small beat up hole in the wall place but clean with good service. I grew up in the South & have good memories of the homemade biscuits we used to have at dinner This cafe has real biscuits! Both our dishes were delicious. Staff were very attentive.

Visited March 2012