“Interesting food and great location”
Review of Rumba Cafe

Rumba Cafe
Ranked #1,098 of 3,326 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Rumba is a Latin American restaurant specializing in tapas although they do have large plate menu items as well. The food is very good. Kinda funky place in Adams-Morgan section of DC...great for people watching. Parking is a bit of a problem so plan accordingly. Great mojitos!

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Had a bad experience with a Salvadorian cafe at Columbia Heights last week, decided to try another Latin American place in Adams Morgan. The place is hip, it makes me feels more I am in Barcelona, the deco is a mix match, with Tibetan flag, Chinese lanterns, plenty of masks from all over, and some lovely black and white photos from Latin America. Now I booked a table, when I arrived, (on time) the table was not ready, and then the staff tried to place me on a bar table, which I am not happy, because I am a petite girl, and I don't like my legs dangling all over the place. Waited for another 5 minutes before I was seated. All the time there were table emily at the back! The food is not bad, at least theTuna was not cooked like the last place I been to. The tapas size is larger than in Europe, but tasty. The side salad is American portion size that is big enough to be a main course or shared. The mojitos is good at $9 per glass. All in all, I like the ambiance and atmosphere, but not happy with my booking and not seated when I am there.
By the way, this cafe regularly dish out Groupon, either Now Groupon or regular Groupon. Although I did not go with one, but it is worth checking to get a deal.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I went to Rumba Cafe for the first time on Friday night with friends. The food was very authentic with a mix of cuisines from Latin America. The cocktails were great as well. Service was good too. The restaurant is pretty small, but the ambiance is neat and authentic. I was in a party of five and we just ordered several things from the menu and shared--this is good if you like to try many different things, and worked out well for us. I'd definitely go back again to try some new things.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

If you really want to try real latin food from many different countries this it's the place. The food can be a little pricy but worth it. They offer many great appetizers/Tapas which is the way to go so you can try a little of everything. If your daring they also have some unusual and tasty choices if you are a fan of Bizarre Food or Anthony Bourdain. If they have music that night you are in for a treat. The trio is great and amazing. The sounds are from hits from all genres of latin styles and are great.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 4, 2008

Great ambiance, best caipirinhas and mojitos. Must try stuffed plantains and lomo a la huancaina

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook