TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,160 results
All reviews convention center m club high velocity anthem restaurant the concierge lounge room service lobby bar beautiful hotel huge hotel attending a conference conference hotel free weights beautiful lobby rooms are nice national mall valet parking white house
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If I had more time to give more details I would but this hotel is absolutely horrible. Sure it is big and has a nice fancy lobby, but if you want any service for anything, you will bash your head against a wall (as I am almost doing now). You wait on hold forever 8-10 min for front desk to pick up and they are totally useless. Basic requests cannot be processed. Thanks for nothing Marriott

1  Thank runnersar
Voyage814567, Front Office Manager at Marriott Marquis Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Runnersar,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Marriott Marquis Washington, DC and providing your honest feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Washington.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Service was excellent and rooms were nice. Pretty spartan in some ways but modern and well maintained. Certainly upper end for a convention hotel. Lots fo large public space. Would not choose this for pleasure or with family.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Stayed here while attending a conference at the hotel. Although we'd have otherwise booked elsewhere, our room was surprisingly comfortable (king, low floor, facing the front). I particularly appreciated the comfy bed (with a fitted bottom sheet--no having to remake the bed just to get in), reading lights, large desk and plentiful well-located power and USB outlets, magnifying mirror in the bathroom. The location was very good--an easy walk to lots of restaurants and shopping.

What I didn't appreciate was the freezing noisy lobby, overbooking that resulted in a less desirable room location, how absolutely awful the food was in the lobby restaurant (lunch), and, after flying across the country and shlepping in from Dulles, having to take inventory and wait for housekeeping to provide the standard comfort items a more desirable hotel would have waiting. Somehow Marriott thinks this is a good use of my time and is why I avoid them for leisure travel.

A few more positives--the gym was nicely equipped, and the hotel staff were great. Special thanks to the bellman who told me about the well-hidden CVS around the corner.

Room tip: Have a LOT of Marriott points.
Reviewed September 14, 2019

I'll never stay here again. I'd rather stay at someplace like a Fairfield Inn than this hotel. For a conference rate of $300, I had an interior too, that overlooked a noisy atrium. It was impossible to get any natural light in the room because I could not keep the curtains open. And yes, the atrium is louder than the street. It's a headscratcher that Marriott would resurrect the much-maligned 1970s atrium style in a new hotel. The service was rude -- when I had a problem connecting to the hotel WiFi, the staff treated me like I was making a tremendous imposition on them for asking for help. I will remember next time that I have a conference at this hotel to stay somewhere else. There are plenty of options within a 5 minute walk of this hotel.

Room tip: Avoid atrium facing room.
2  Thank PA_Truffle
CollinR82, Front Office Manager at Marriott Marquis Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2019

Dear PA_Truffle,

I have to start by saying thank you so much for choosing the Marriott Marquis Washington DC as your choice of hotel. It saddens me that you experienced such continuous issues. These experiences are by no means a representation of the Marriott brand and we are working to improve each matter.

I can only imagine how frustrating it was to have an expectation prior to arrival on your room assignment to then come and it be far from what you had thought. Again, I apologize profusely about this as well the noise you experienced, the poor service and wireless internet issues. I have added all of the above to your preferences to not have a connecting door to ensure that we can deliver without failure in the future.

We do try to monitor our guests the best we can to reduce the noise level that is heard on the guest room’s floors. The lobby landing areas are our “whisper zones.” We try to make sure that these areas are quite especially at night. During your stay we did receive a high number of noise complaints from the area around your room and on some other floors. We did have a particular group starting there conference that seemed to generate a lot of noise tin these zones. As a standard protocol we use the three strike rule. First being a verbal warning over the phone, second a loss prevention officer arrives on scene, third removal from our facility.

Thank you for outlining your concerns as this will allow us to correct the situations. Although I know I can’t change the experience you had, I would definitely like to apologize for it once again.

Also, we would love to have you again with us and recreate a much better stay for you. If I may ask when you book your next reservation if you can forward your arrival dates as I want to personally ensure we take care of you in the future.

Truly,

Collin Rowe
Assistant Front Office Manager
Marriott Marquis Washington DC
202-824-9200

Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

$640 a night. Checked in at 9:50 and to the room at 9:55. 30 min attempting to contact and order room service. No answer for the main operator or sales. Reservations answers but are off sight and cannot help. Back to the lobby and check-in to explain the problem. Place my order (salmon, Diet Coke & am old fashion) after 5 min the clerk returns to note its now almost 11 and the salmon is only served until 10:30. It’s actually 10:38. I note I have been trying to order for 35+ minutes and finally had to return to the front desk as I couldn’t even reach them via phone. Clerk notes the manager is “sorry”.

Very poor customer service for a rewards member (or really anyone for that matter). Also a Hilton member and most certainly recommend their properties over this hotel. Overall some of the worst customer service I’ve received from any hotel. Much better service in the area from other brands!!

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank I8438XOmatthewh
JuliaM7308, Front Office Manager at Marriott Marquis Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2019

Good Evening,

Please allow me to express our sincerest apologies about the unpleasant experience you had during your recent stay with us. From the nature of your comments, it seems we fell considerably short in our efforts to provide you the excellent check in experience you have come to expect from Marriott. I understand how important seamless and reliable customer service is to you and for that I must apologize one more time.

Unfortunately, the hotel was experiencing technical issues with our phones yesterday evening which caused this delay and inconvenience to you. Again, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and look forward to serving you in the near future with excellence.

If there is anything else I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,