“Good Indian food”
Review of Taj of India

Taj of India
Reserve with OpenTable
Taj of India is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #655 of 3,237 Restaurants in Washington DC
Transit: Foggy Bottom Metro
Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica
“Good Indian food”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I went to Washington to see the cherry blossoms. On the last of my stay we decided to search for Indian restaurants in Georgetown .. We came upon Taj and based on the menu we decided to try.

It was a very good choice. Food was good, service was great and although not a very big restaurant you felt comfortable inside. We ordered chicken vindaloo , Naam, lamb biryani, bhindi masala and mango lassi

Everything was tasty and next time I am in Washington I would pay them, another visit.

• Visited March 2013

Albany, New York
“Great Indian Food”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Best saag paneer I have ever had. Excellent service and good atmosphere. Highly recommend. Close to Foggy Bottom metro.

Visited March 2013
Markham, Canada
“Excellent Service, Food, Value”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were extremely pleased with this restaurant. The service was attentive and the food was delicious. We were surprised by the reasonable price, given the quality. It's not a fancy place, but it is pleasant, there are nice white tablecloths and the lighting and low-volume Indian music was just right. We were on vacation with our 17-year-old son and took a chance on this place. All three of us left happy and satisfied. We will definitely return next time we are in Washington DC.

• Visited March 2013
Bogota, Colombia
“Disappointed this time around”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

On our last trip to Washington (March 2012) we visited this Georgetown restaurant two times in a 3 day stay. We went there on our trip last weekend and were very disappointed. The quality of the food had slipped since our last visit and while the service was friendly, it was not very good. The restaurant was almost empty (maybe others are feeling how I am now feeling about it) and still the waiters seemed to have other things to do more important that attending the patrons. The Nan was as good as ever, as were the dips.

Visited February 2013
Burnsville, North Carolina
“Insipid, bland food overloaded with canned tomato and onion”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Was taken by family members to this restaurant because they know we like Indian food. Looking at the menu some of my favorites were noted to have tomato and onion, which often is just a small taste in N Indian cooking. I found a fish dish which also listed mustard seeds and coconut milk. I asked if it was well-spiced and said I like my food served as hot as in India. What I got was a bland dish swimming in onion and tomato, no taste of coconut, mustard, or masala, less hot than Southern barbecue. I complained they took it to the kitchen, shook in some spices which didn't dissolve and served it back. It was worse than Indian railway station food. The pakoras were greasy and overcooked. The pannir tikka was dry and bland. The rice was wet. The acoustics and service were great as was the music. This is a food for Americans who like Americanized Indian food.

• Visited January 2013