“Excellent location, below par service.”
Review of Sushi Aoi

Sushi Aoi
Ranked #1,237 of 3,257 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Ord, Nebraska
“Excellent location, below par service.”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at Embassy suites just across the street and several of us saw the sushi sign and had to try it. We arrived on a monday afternoon which was their "happy hour" and feature $5 rolls as well as other specials. The quality was excellent and the atmosphere was very pleasant. The service however, was a little slow. I understand they were undertaking the process of developing good sushi, but it shouldn't take THAT long to get a beer. I would recommend the restaurant and would likely go back.

Visited March 2013

Columbia, SC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expensive, not worth it! Average quality.”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My family eat Sushi quite a bit. The food at Sushi Aoi was average in quality and portion size was small by our standards. Our waiter "Sing" was prompt. He probably needs a raise!!! My advice is save your money and choose another place. We ate at a brewery and American contemporary food place near our hotel last night. The there was pretty good and the bill was $40 cheaper.

• Visited December 2012
Scarsdale, New York
“Great sushi, good location, delightful staff, needs more atmosphere”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I had an absolutely delicious dinner at Susi Aoi this evening. I ordered the sushi deluxe dinner, and it was one of the best assortments I have had -- besides tuna roll, and tuna and salmon sushi, the assortment included fantastic warm cooked eel, sea urchin, and other delectable items. The staff welcomed me warmly, and was most attentive. The restaurant is located near the White House and many hotels and tourist sites. My one suggestion is that they do a bit of redecorating, with an eye to making the place more charming. This may not matter in a location that is frequented both by office workers and tourists, but it mattered to me.

• Visited December 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Not for me”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

I prefer something better than this place...wonder if I get sick. I think the selection is poor and the quality is questionable. I'm trying another place next time.

Linden, New Jersey
“Limited selection of sushi rolls”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The service and location are good but I was disappointing with the limited sushi selections. They seemed to have a better selection of noodles. The Concierge had recommended the restaurant but it was a bit of a let down. They also didn't carry olives for martinis.

Visited October 2012