“Perfect Cozy Date”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Adams Morgan
Transit: Adams-Morgan/Woodley Park Metro is about a 10 minute walk.
Burke, Virginia
“Perfect Cozy Date”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The Little Fountain Cafe is a completely unexpected treat! I went with my husband for a quiet birthday dinner and was not disappointed in the least.
It's a tiny "hole in the wall" place tucked downstairs in Adams Morgan; super cozy, friendly & welcoming! The 3 women working there were attentive, but gave us plenty of space and were great to explain the 2 different menus (they were still offering their Valentine's Day Prix fixe menu as well as an A La Carte one).
I got their calamari which was perfectly done- not a bit of "rubbery" texture, and the pasta. My husband ordered the scallop, bison steak and we shared the Key Lime tart with coconut ice cream- all of it super delicious! The pricing was very fair and the atmosphere was so warm and inviting. Very quiet, not packed in like sardines, perfect for a romantic date!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank erinkb

Washington, DC
“Over the top on New Year's Eve”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We had a party of 9 among the full tables at LFC and had a flawless dinner. Some ordered from the special menu & others from the regular menu. Everyone's meal was outstanding and the service great on this busy night.

Visited December 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“A true gem, a classic in DC!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I just happened upon the Little Fountain Cafe--how lucky for me that I did. The meal was lovely. a delicious appetizer special that featured exquisite duck confit, followed by a perfectly medium rare steak that was very tender, juicy, and flavorful. Dessert was also very nice, and the malbec I had was a nice compliment to the meal. All the staff were warm and gracious, but I want to single out Bayne, my wait person, who was a delight!

• Visited October 2013
Woodbridge, VA
“Classic and wonderful food”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I love going to this cafe - the warm welcome .. the truly wonderful food... And a cute patio that you can dine on in warmer weather. The bar upstairs is a great place to meet and greet friends. 6 Stars!!

Visited January 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Do I want to split the bill???”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Went on a Friday night. The deco inside is cosy, but because it is in the basement, I nearly missed it. Too bad the front let it down, I believe if it has a more noticeable entrance, the restaurant would attract more clients. The service is good. Though I made a reservation via Open Table, and requested a table by the window, when I arrived, the only table that was by the window was occupied, so I am not too please about that. Now the food is contemporary American. All the dishes were well prepared apart from everything was a bit too salty for my taste. My dining companion ordered duck, that was well cooked to medium rare. We were really surprised to see the portion was European size, which means it is way too small by American standard. When it comes to dessert, the apple dumpling was not really a dumpling. My Cream Brûlée was their own take i.e. their version of it, it was in a tiramisu cup, very tiny and was not made on the spot, which is what I would have get in Paris, and come out in a tiny oven bake dishes.

The service was adequate but not exceptional. The waitress ask if we want to split the bill. I do not know why she make that assumption!!

That is why I gave it a 3 stars. There is room for improvement, but it is ok for a Friday night.

• Visited March 2012