“I wanted to reallly like this place.....”
Review of Little Fountain Cafe - CLOSED

Little Fountain Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Adams Morgan
Transit: Adams-Morgan/Woodley Park Metro is about a 10 minute walk.
usa
“I wanted to reallly like this place.....”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I was visiing my college daughter in DC and trying to find some interesting, non chain, non celebrity chef type restaurants. I happened to come across a review of Little Fountain and thought it would be a great place as we had wanted to check out Adams Morgan. It was fine. That's it. I didn't mind the dated decor or the very slow service (though we were on a tight schedule so had to let our waitress know we needed attention) but I only found the food average. We shared the cheese plate starter which was good but very small. I had the chicken dish which I had read good was so delicious but it was so basic. My daughter really enjoyed hte mushroom ravioli. We shared the apple dumpling for dessert which was good. Again, only good. I had higher hopes for his place.

• Visited October 2011

Grecia, Costa Rica
“I used to eat here all the time, now I make a point whenever I am in town”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This restaurant has been around for a long while and has never been a disappointment. It is very small, can be a good place for a romantic meal.

The first time I ate here must have been about 13 or even 14 years ago or more, and every time I am in town I make a point of stopping in. The menu changed but is never boring. The food is prepared with skill and creativity.

Adams Morgan where the restaurant is located is also a fun strip with nightlife all the time. Never a dull moment!

If you love good food and are in DC make a point of stopping by.
Cheers

• Visited November 2010
Chicago, Illinois
“Just like I remember it”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I was visiting from out of town recently and wanted to visit this old standby of mine that I used to frequent when I lived in the area. Nothing's changed (which is a good thing). Still a very charming, hidden gem in Adams Morgan. Great place for a date - has a very old world European feel to it. Can't wait until next time - please don't change a thing!

• Visited August 2011
Rhode Island
“Cute Place”
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Cute little place in Adams Morgan. Basement location with good food. A little pricey but good menu.

SoCal
“Almost reluctant to share it”
Reviewed April 7, 2010

This is a find I almost want to keep to myself. You could easily walk past the Little Fountain Cafe and not know it's there. Walk down a few steps and through the door and you feel as if you've discovered a private dining room that exists just for you. The food is excellent, thoughtfully prepared and surprisingly quite a value. The service is warm without being intrusive. There's a serenity to the place that encourages relaxation and conviviality. Instantly our favorite restaurant in the neighborhood and we look forward to returning.

1 Thank goingoinggone