“I used to eat here all the time, now I make a point whenever I am in town”
Review of Little Fountain Cafe - CLOSED

Little Fountain Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Adams Morgan
Transit: Adams-Morgan/Woodley Park Metro is about a 10 minute walk.
Grecia, Costa Rica
“I used to eat here all the time, now I make a point whenever I am in town”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This restaurant has been around for a long while and has never been a disappointment. It is very small, can be a good place for a romantic meal.

The first time I ate here must have been about 13 or even 14 years ago or more, and every time I am in town I make a point of stopping in. The menu changed but is never boring. The food is prepared with skill and creativity.

Adams Morgan where the restaurant is located is also a fun strip with nightlife all the time. Never a dull moment!

If you love good food and are in DC make a point of stopping by.
Cheers

• Visited November 2010

Chicago, Illinois
“Just like I remember it”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I was visiting from out of town recently and wanted to visit this old standby of mine that I used to frequent when I lived in the area. Nothing's changed (which is a good thing). Still a very charming, hidden gem in Adams Morgan. Great place for a date - has a very old world European feel to it. Can't wait until next time - please don't change a thing!

• Visited August 2011
Rhode Island
“Cute Place”
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Cute little place in Adams Morgan. Basement location with good food. A little pricey but good menu.

SoCal
“Almost reluctant to share it”
Reviewed April 7, 2010

This is a find I almost want to keep to myself. You could easily walk past the Little Fountain Cafe and not know it's there. Walk down a few steps and through the door and you feel as if you've discovered a private dining room that exists just for you. The food is excellent, thoughtfully prepared and surprisingly quite a value. The service is warm without being intrusive. There's a serenity to the place that encourages relaxation and conviviality. Instantly our favorite restaurant in the neighborhood and we look forward to returning.

1 Thank goingoinggone
New York City, New York
“Romantic oasis”
Reviewed December 24, 2009

I am not doing a full review. We went a while back maybe 6 months ago.
I do not remember the details of the food very well except that one thing I ordered was greasy so I just put 3 stars.
I know it was not great and not terrible. But we went because it had great ambience and was a nice place to talk. We really enjoyed it because of the fire place and atmosphere. You could sit and talk for hours undisturbed.

1 Thank NewYorkfoodee