“La Tasca was enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Tasca

La Tasca
Reserve with OpenTable
La Tasca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #174 of 3,199 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: H Street
Transit: Metro - Chinatown/Gallery Place Metro Stop (red, yellow, and green lines)
Description: Happy Hour, 4-7 PM Monday - Friday! Draft beer and Sangria $5.00. Seating for 275 people on two floors. Book a complete floor for your own private party with private bar. In the Heart of the Penn Quarter, take the Metro Red, Yellow, or Green Lines to Gallery Place/ChinaTown.DINER’S CHOICE: La Tasca DC was recently named in “GOOD FOR GROUPS” CATEGORY Come check out our new Happy Hour and Lunch menus. We also offer a variety of menu options for groups.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“La Tasca was enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I was reluctant at first to go to this restaurant, I wasn't thinking tapas that day. Well, I am glad that I did go in with my friends. First, our server was very nice, offered suggestions and was just plain enjoyable. He was very busy that day as he was also working behind the bar but we never realized it.

The food was enjoyable and they offered a number of choices for beverages. It was possibly their Sunday brunch but I know it was 3 tapas plus unlimited drinks from their selection list.

This was my first visit but I would definitely return.

Visited May 2014

Missouri City, Texas
“Good Quality Tapas Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

A friend and I ate at La Tasca on a Monday evening. The restaurant was about half full and not too noisy. The tapas were good, although not great. Prices were reasonable. From a prior visit, I know that the restaurant can handle large groups.

Warrenton, Virginia
“Our Go-to Spanish Tapas restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

It's hard to find good, reasonable Spanish food. La Tasca has become our go-to tapas restaurant. Their empanadas are wonderful. I recommend the beef over the chicken, but both are good. I'm very disappointed that they no longer have ham or chicken croquettas on the menu. We asked and were told they no longer have them. That is a shame as they were delicious. Try the fried manchego with orange marmalade. It's fabulous. The marmalade really makes the dish. The only real failure for the restaurant is the quintessential Spanish dish: churros y chocolate. This is THE Spanish dessert for after all night dancing! It should be served piping hot, with the chocolate thick and rich. At La Tasca, they serve the churros smothered in sugar (not very authentic) and the serving of chocolate is only 2 tablespoons of an Americanized chocolate. There is not nearly enough and it is not the right taste. La Tasca really needs to give this dessert a makeover.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Happy Hour spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

I've been here several times, both for Happy Hour and for dinner. The happy hour specials are great, $4tapas and $4 sangria ($18 pitcher). The dinner menu is a bit more expensive but as a whole, the food and drinks are great. My only negative comment would be that it is extremely busy and for Happy Hour is almost impossible to get a seat. If you talk to management, they will seat you in the restaurant for happy hour in certain sections, which for me has been great because I go and get a lot of food with friends, making it worth the server's time. I can see why the management reserves the restaurant for non happy hour customers, but I wish they would section off part of it for those of us who are eating for happy hour as well. Other than that, great place.

McLean, Virginia
“Worth going back to!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Over the years, I've dined at the VA and DC locations, but stopped going about 2 years ago because I found the food to be nothing special (as did a number of other reviewers prior to 2013) But things have changed...and definitely for the better!! I found out that the former Executive Chef of Taberna del Alabardero is now in charge of all 5 La Tasca's kitchens--a change that occurred in spring 2013. This time I tried tapas from each menu category. My favorites were tabla de caballa, jamón ibérico, tortilla de patatas, cazuela de setas, pato con ciruelas, and a raw kale salad. The cheese board was yummy, but my personal preference for Manchego is one that has been aged longer to develop a bolder flavor. My least favorite was the coles de bruselas but only because I prefer unbreaded cooked vegetables. I dined between the lunch and dinner rush which was nice because I could converse without speaking loudly.