“Perfect for our group”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: H Street
Transit: Metro - Chinatown/Gallery Place Metro Stop (red, yellow, and green lines)
Description: Happy Hour: 4-7 PM Monday - Friday! Draft beer and Sangria $5.00 plus a special tapas menu. Sangria Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 11am-3pm 2 tapas for $22 plus $2 sangrias, mimosas and bloody marys Serving the best lunch deal in town: Monday-Friday, 11am-4pm Build your "Perfect Lunch": 2 tapas for $14, 3 for $18, 4 for $22 OR Enjoy a lunch-sized portion of our popular Paellas! Wine Tuesday: Half Priced Wine - All Bottles, All Day! PLUS! Paella Making classes offered the 2nd Sunday of each month (thru September 30, 2018) https://paellaclassdc.eventbrite.com Ask about our Group Dining Menus and Catering for your special events, office parties or wedding! Seating for 275 people on two floors. Book a complete floor for your own private party with private bar. In the Heart of the Penn Quarter, take the Metro Red, Yellow, or Green Lines to Gallery Place/ChinaTown. DINER’S CHOICE: La Tasca DC was recently named in “GOOD FOR GROUPS” CATEGORY
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This was a great choice for a party of 8 which included both picky and adventurous eaters. Even the kids loved the experience.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is the fourth time I've eaten at this restaurant. I made a reservation with Open Table, and we were seated immediately upon arrival. This is the first time, though, that I was seated downstairs, and I definitely like the upstairs ambiance better. Downstairs was loud, and it seemed that some of the other people there had been drinking for awhile before we got there.

Usually the food is amazing, and I rave about it. The person I was with had never been there before (or had tapas), so I was excited for him to try it. I have to say, though, that the food and service were not as wonderful as they have been on previous visits. The pork and steak seemed tough, and the bacon wrapped dates, which are usually my very favorite, were dry and just not impressive. While our waiter(s) seemed nice, they didn't come check on us often, and we felt a bit neglected.

Because I've had wonderful experiences here before, I will be back...eventually...but it won't be a "must" the next time I'm in town.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

On a night when all the "special restaurants" had delays up to 90 minutes for dinner, La Tasca answered the call delightfully! Having never been to a tapas type restaurant before, my wife and I were pleasantly surprised how our server, Cecelia, made ordering. She explained fully and answered all questions. She took care of of throughout the evening and we left with a comfortable feeling that we had found a new place to visit in the future. The atmosphere was fun though it did get very busy after we arrived. The ecletic group of people that were there made it even more fun to dine and observe others. We had fun! The food was great! The walk to the Verizon Center was easy! A great "hidden secret" in DC. We will be back!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

If you want to sample a lot of dishes this is the place. The dishes are small so be prepared to order at least two dishes if your hungry. The good thing is if your with a group you can all buy so many dishes at appetizer prices and sample everything. Large variety of Sangrias by the pitcher if you like wine. They have a live band once a week too. Overall good experiences here.

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

This was second trip to La Tasca and it was just as amazing as the first time. The beef empanadas are so fantastic. Granted they're fried dough so they fill you up but I have trouble ordering anything but these. The bacon wrapped scallops and shrimp and worth the trip alone! Don't listen to the negative comments. Most of us haven't been to Spain or lived there so no we don't know what "true" tapas means but that doesn't make La Tasca any less amazing. Great service, tasty food, good prices, and a drool-worthy sangria menu! I will stop here every time I visit to DC!