“Amazing food in an area dominated by Chinese cuisine!”
Review of Kanlaya Thai Cuisine - CLOSED

Kanlaya Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Amazing food in an area dominated by Chinese cuisine!”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

A friend and I were looking for Thai food and ran into this restaurant. The food is priced relatively higher than other Thai restaurants I have eaten at; however, the restaurant was clean and service good. I ordered the Panang Curry with shrimp, and was pleasantly surprised at how many shrimp came with the entree ( about 9 or 10 well-sized ones) Although the price was a bit higher than I am used to for other Thai places, especially in the bustling city, due to the size and taste of my entree, I would return again :)

Boston, Massachusetts
“Off-the-charts delicious.”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This place is the best. Nice atmosphere--cool and dark, a sanctuary from the DC heat. The waitstaff are friendly and attentive. Most important of all, the food is amazing. I got the tofu and veg green curry. Excellent. And an affordable price.

Delicious, fresh, perfectly spiced and presented elegantly. Yum. I would have posted a photo of my meal but TA doesn't do that here. It was so beautiful, I took a photo.

• Visited June 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Always wonderful!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I do not dislike anything in this restaurant. It is a nice, elegant, upscale but reasonably priced for professionals and visitors alike. The menu is varied and nothing has dissappointed me yet.

It can get very crowded around lunch time but just be patient, it is worth it. The curries are wonderful!

Visited March 2012
NY
“Good food, decent prices, nice, nice, nice”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The restaurant is in China Town, very easy to find it, close to the subway station if you don’t want to drive and go nuts trying to find parking.

Food was very good and the service was excellent.

The “pad see ew” is amazing, kids loved it. Good size portion, we split the "pad see ew" between the kids.

Beef masaman curry also very good.

On the “not so good” side, they had only 2 choices of dessert and one of them (mango and sweet rice) was not good.

Definitely a place to go.

• Visited March 2012
Lac du Flambeau, Wisconsin
“Good food here.”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

On a Friday evening that was a Caps game night, we wanted dinner in Chinatown. Wok and Roll was packed, so we went around the corner to Kanlaya Thai. My chicken Pad See Ew was wonderful and I think my sons and husband enjoyed their food as well. Only complaint I had is that when my hubby asked for more rice to finish his entree, we were charged $1.50 for maybe a cup of white rice.....seems excessive to this Midwesterner!

• Visited March 2012