“Beer & pizza”

Ranked #22 of 181 Nightlife in Washington DC
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We had previously heard about this place and finally went there on a wednesday night. It was very crowded because there was a pubquiz and lottery. But still the place was nice with loads of different beers on draft and on bottle.

We also had dinner, we went for the pizza. When they arrived they looked a bit small. But while eating we knew it would be enough.

The service was good! Allthough our table was in the corner our server checked in on us regularly.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Okay, this place may be considered a dive by some, but the beer selection is excellent. My husband, the beer snob, claimed the Perennial Abraxas Imperial Stout was the best beer he's ever had, and that is saying something. The food, on the other hand, was okay. Mostly your standard bar fare, neither bad nor good, but if you're not expecting anything fancy, it's fine.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This was my second visit to the Bier Barron. Many many many beer choices which make the place great. We ordered wings too which were average, but I don't think they are known for their food. It was pretty quiet on a Sunday night but our server wasn't overly interested in checking in on us. Our glasses sat empty. But, if you like to try beer this is a place to check out. The neighborhood is also very nice.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Ok, let's call this place what it is....it's a dive bar that has an amazing beer list. I saw a lot of terrible reviews for this place on yelp that made me want to steer clear of here, but then I really thought about it (for example, one person complaining about this place not being family friendly....really?!) and then made the mistake of telling my microbrew/IPA loving boyfriend about it....and needless to say we wound up here. You get the feel of walking into a basement, and yes, the place needs a little work, but it's got charm....and a welcoming break from paying for overpriced alcohol in a "bro" type place. Anyway our server Darious was great, he made sure our glasses were filled and we were even brave enough to try the food (I've had better spinach dip, but I loved my veggie burger and my boyfriends burger was indeed homemade). Needless to say, if you are a beer lover this is your bar, which is why I gave this place a good rating.

1  Thank Tds1983
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I went there for a Halloween show which was great fun. We decided to make reservations so that we could dine prior to the show. Making reservations for this place was kinda silly. When you get there, there is no one at the front to seat you and no one acknowledges you they go by. So we made ourselves to the sitting area where we simply asked for a table and the fact we called in didn't seem to matter. The waiter must of had his smile muscles severed and seemed impatient. Except for the lamb burger - not common, The food was unimaginative - specially if you're a health nut. But the worst part was trying to keep my composure because I did not want my dining companion to notice that a few tables away, mice were chasing one another across the room. I have never seen such a thing anywhere. Never again.