Residence Inn Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom
$351
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$328
$287
  • Breakfast included
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$409
  • Room Service
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
Omni Hotels
$199
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$404
$399
$375
$271
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswhole foodsfoggy bottomkennedy centerliving roomfull kitchengw campusnew hampshirerooftop poolwatergate hotelfree breakfastmetro stoptrader joeswithin walking distanceblue linefront desk stafftwo queen bedsyogurt
Reviewed September 7, 2012

An excellent location in Foggy Bottom, great for the State Department or GW University, and easy to get to the Virginia side. There is no driveway, so it is congested out front around major check-in times. Metro stop is around the corner. Courteous and helpful staff, particularly doormen/valets, though we parked the car ourselves. Miniscule lobby. Nothing luxurious about the rooms or baths, but functional. Hotel parking in this part of DC is expensive ($30-$40 per night) but be careful about parking on the street as there are time limits for non-permitted vehicles and they are fairly strictly enforced. There are parking apps available for smartphones that can find the least expensive nearby self-parking locations. There are some restaurants in the area, though nothing at the top end of the food chain, as well as a Whole Foods store.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
JonSallinen, General Manager at Residence Inn Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

YankeeTraveller08,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your most recent stay. You higlighted the excellent location of our Double Tree Suites. We take pride in our friendly staff and location. The metro is just steps away in the "Foggy Bottom" District. If you don't want to deal with the DC parking the metro offers a wonderful alternative. Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Regards,

Jon Sallinen

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I had reservations at this hotel! Upon arrival I had called to verify cash payment because I hate giving hotels credit cards because they authorize your card for more money and it takes forever to get your money back. Once I arrived at the hotel, the clerk checking me in was in training so she kept calling Amere (male) to come handle my check-in. She told me they could take the cash payment but that I had to give a credit card with at least $25.00 so I gave a credit card and told her I did not want anything authorized on my credit card until I seen a room (because the reviews are a little mixed)! However, they still authorized my credit card. I was a little upset because I requested to see the room before they authorized my card for anything. I had to wait on Amere to come off a cigarette smoke break before I could see the room. While waiting to see the room, I noticed the lobby is very small, unwelcoming, dingy, they allow pets, and its more of an extended hotel! Ameree told me they do not show the room to anyone but long term guests. I had him cancel my reservation and went elsewhere because I did not feel comfortable staying there! I have never heard of a hotel that does not show a room. There were 3 employees there! I heard the valet guy tell a guest to pull his own car up and the guest had just parked and came into the hotel. Apparently some people do not value their job! I have left messages for management to return my call and I have yet to receive a call! I'm truly surpised this place carries Hilton name!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere, you will thank me later!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband & I visited DC to celebrate our 16 year wedding anniversary. We originally were going to stay at another Hilton hotel but the service was terrible. When I called this hotel to check availability & pricing, the front desk transferred me to Stacy, the General Manager. She was very courteous & extremely helpful with accommodations. We had a few prepaid Hilton Hotel gift cards & did not know until after we checked in that they were not accepted at this hotel, or any other Hilton location in DC. Stacy worked effortlessly with Hilton guest services, called other Hiltons to see if they would take the gift cards & ended up working with Hilton so that we can stay there. The location was EXCELLENT. It was only a 3 minute walk to the Metro station & only a few minutes longer to get to several restaurants, a grocery store & pharmacy. It was a nice walk to the Lincoln Memorial area & Georgetown the opposite direction. Again, this location was excellent! We plan on staying at this hotel for all future visits to DC.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I wish I'd seen the other review(s) about Valet parking damaging cars. Ours was damaged, as well. In fact - it appeared that the staff left the liftgate up (the hatch on our crossover SUV) and drove around the garage. They were so very polite to have the hatch UP when we exited the hotel, to show how nice they were to have packed our vehicle for us - and effectively hiding the damage to the liftgate. We were 2 hours away at lunch when we noticed, and immediately called management and supplied them with pictures. The one and only response ever received was, "since you had departed the premises, there's nothing we can do".

Apparently even being a Diamond member of the Hilton hotel chains (their highest level in their loyalty program) ultimately did not matter here, and the almost $900 in damage had to come out of our own pocket. Due to the experience and treatment by this one single Hilton-chain hotel, Hilton lost a customer - a roughly 100-nights-per-year customer. Marriott appears happy to have me.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I have stayed at the former condo quite a few times and I really like it especially as it is so convenient. Foggy Bottom Metro is very close and there's a Wholefoods just over a block away.

The kitchen is ok and the two rooms (bedroom/living/dining) are adequate. I like the staff, especially Melvin, one of the porters/concierge who has worked there for 33 years.

My one complaint is the really tiny and badly laid out bathroom. The toilet is right in the middle of the room and you have to be careful when exiting the shower. For a decent hotel the bathroom is silly. Not sure why they can't just install a shower stall (instead of a tub) and reconfigure to give more room.

The guest laundry never seems to have washing soap in the dispenser and one of the washers was out of service for several days even though I told the front desk.

Room Tip: I like the # 10 rooms as they are near the elevator and don't have rooms either side - very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business