“Very nice stay, central location”

Residence Inn Washington, DC/Capitol
Ranked #65 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights while on vacation in August. The room had two beds in the bedroom and a pull out sofa in the living room which provided adequate accommodation for our family of 5. Breakfast was very good with lots of options.
The hotel is a short walk to the Mall and Museums. $7.00 cab ride to the Nationals ball park.
Metro station is very close but we found for our family it was less expensive to take a cab to most attractions then Metro for 5 of us.
Only complaint was the parking which was very limited in their underground lot. We paid for parking but one night had to wait >45 min for someone to leave in order to get their spot.

Room Tip: If you are able to get a parking spot in their underground parking leave your car their! Parking i...
1  Thank kluvs2travel
Write a ReviewReviews (1,077)

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We selected the Residence Inn because its location was a block from a Metro Station and a couple of blocks to the Washington Mall, where we spent the majority of our five days in DC. The Residence Inn itself was like others I've stayed in - spacious suite with full kitchen, clean, comfortable and a good breakfast buffet. This one was heads and shoulders above most hotels because of the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff - from the front counter to the people clearing tables in the very busy and spacious breakfast area.

After a day there, the entire staff treated us like old friends. Once I requested more coffee supplies for our suite at the front desk and the receptionist was immediately on the phone, I no sooner got back upstairs than there was a knock on the door with a smiling man handing me three bags of coffee. A minor point? Yes, but indicative of our treatment at this Residence Inn. The front desk folks were also very patient explaining the intricacies of the subway system to DC newbies. And if you like to walk, this is the best location to walk to and along the 2-mile Washington Mall to visit the museums and memorials.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DukeinDeerfield
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times. And when it comes to Residence Inns in DC, which theres several this one is the best by far. The lobby and rooms are the most updated and rooms are generous in size. The pool is nice although I never seen to make it there but its indoor and a plus to any downtown hotel.

The location is probably the thing I like most. It's off a little street just south of the National Mall a quite one with Nasa offices close by. Metro and train are walking distance and the mall about a 15 min walk. I feel like this hotel is my little secret. Quite, familiar, and comfortable. Long term stay? Defenitly take a look at this hotel.

Some constructive critisim: This hotel not sure if it has gotten any better since I've been last but they have the most aggressive Housekeeping staff I've ever encountered in all my travels. Everytime I stay they start to knock way too early for my liking and are VERY persistant. The front desk was kind enough to give me a late check out once but come 12pm they still came knocking were a little rude and told me to call the front desk to get approval? I travel alot and inbetween time zones so felt a little pressured to wrap my stay up. Not the most pleasant and it was very clear they were determined to flip the room. A little lesson in Housekeeper Ettiquette would go a long way.

Room Tip: There are rooms facing the train tracks. Light sleepers beware oftherwise a mini apartment!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank rchavarria86
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I usually stay on Marriott hotels, but I have never stayed in a Residence  Inn. We were 3 adults and 2 toddlers. We had a spacious and comfortable suite.  We stayed on August 25 till 28.  I can say that I really like it.  It's located near the train station ( Federal Center). You get free breakfast and free dinner,(dinner just during the week). By request they do your shopping list (no extra charge). It's a good hotel for families and if you are going from work. Did I mentione that the internet  is free and also the parking garage ( if is available)

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank alicia f
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Our trip was a leisure trip and we had the two suites room. We were 4 adults and 2 toddlers. As always the apartment was very spacious and very clean. We drove to DC from NJ and we arrived on Saturday pm. We did not need to get a Hotel parking because there was plenty of parking on the street with the convenient parking meters that you can pay online, but we didn't used it until Monday. The parking at the Hotel costs around $30 a day, but there is other parkings on the street that charges only $15 a day and around the corner that was charging $10 a day, if you need them.
The indoor pool is below average. Very small and the water didn't look very clean. It is almost claustrophobic to stay in there.
The breakfast was very nice. It is an average breakfast same as you find at other Residence Inns but it comes with "Steven". That's right, Steven is a staff member and very helpful guy. He was always prompt to help people and to please you, even when it was time to close the breakfast buffet line he was still trying to accommodate peoples request, when he could just easily say that the buffet was closed. Great service!
The location counts big on this one. From the Hotel you can just walk about 10 minutes and you are right on the back of all Major Museums, the closest is the National Air and Space Museum.
As far as restaurants goes it is not convenient. There is only a pizza place next door and a coffee place on the side street.
In general this Hotel is a great pick.

3  Thank ykana
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This hotel is great! ...well maintained, clean, garage parking, and location,location, location!
It is just a few blocks from the Capitol....perfect for a sightseeing trip. Breakfast included a good selection of yogurts, fresh fruit, eggs, waffles etc...

We stayed in a one bedroom (2 queen bed with pull out couch) with our three teenagers and it worked out fine. The only drawback is a lack of restaurants nearby.

1  Thank 148Guest
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed 2 nights on August 4th and 5th. We had a large, confortable junior suite with two queen beds, perfect for travelling with teenagers who need space. The buffet breakfast was ok, no more, but it was included in the price, so you can't expect better. The hotel is at a walking distance from National Mall and the Smithsonian museums, which was great. However, restaurants were scarce in the area surrounding the hotel, which mainly comprise office buildings. As we were there on a weekend, it was hard to find a good restaurant near the hotel, so we ordered take out. There was no parking space available when we got there on a Saturday at 6 pm, but the front desk clerk told us to park on the street (no meter on Sundays), which was good advice. We also used the hotel pool, which was soothing after a day of walking in the sun. Overall we enjoyed our stay and recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family