I enjoyed my hotel stay at the Hampton Inn. The room was adequate and had all the necessary things like a mini fridge, a microwave, a TV, a king-size bed, and nice-sized desk for my laptop. The Internet connection worked well, but I wouldn't say it was blazing fast. Everything seemed clean and everything was functional. The breakfast was a good deal, although the day I used the breakfast to go was disappointing. All in all, I'd recommend a stay, especially if you're doing stuff in the area.
My room was on the 6th floor and the window overlooked 6th St. This seemed to be a very loud arrangement. The hotel is about three blocks from a fire station, so I had a couple fire trucks or ambulances loudly go past my room each hour between about 5:00 and 10:00 p.m. It also seemed like I could hear more noise from the hall or other rooms than I have at some other hotels, but it was nothing that I could call a real problem.
I enjoyed the breakfast (included in the room price) the day I used it. They had all the usuals — cold cereal, juices, fruit, yogurt, bagels, and (the day I was there) cheese omelettes. It all tasted good. I also liked that they had doughnuts and a selection of caffeine-free teas. It's worth noting that the tea, coffee, and hot chocolate were available at any time, as were some apples by the front desk. On the other day I was there for breakfast, I was leaving very early, so I grabbed one of the hotel's bagged breakfasts. With only a muffin, granola bar, apple, and water bottle, it was rather disappointing. It just wasn't very much.
The location is pretty good. The hotel is right by, as advertised, the DC convention center. This is also only a couple blocks from the Verizon Center. Major sights like the White House, the Mall, the various Smithsonian museums, and the Capitol, are within walking distance (about a mile at the most). One final note about the location: if you're flying into BWI, you can get to this hotel for under $40.00 using the Super Shuttle service.
So, the hotel is frills-free, but was functional, and I would recommend it. As with all hotels in DC, it is over-priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 13 story hotel offers 228 rooms/suites complemented by public facilities which include a newly renovated lobby and breakfast area, a new bar, as well as a business center, guest laundry facility, suite shop, fitness center, meeting rooms, indoor pool with spa and valet parking garage. Each guestroom is finely appointed in a contemporary design with upscale touches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Washington, Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hampton Inn