“Again, another great Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center
Ranked #53 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 2, 2007

My family of two adults and two teenagers just spent two nights at the Hampton Inn Convention Center Washington DC. At first we thought the area was "iffy" - but far from that. The "fantastic" Washington metro was within 2 blocks - Great eateries on 7th street - 2 blocks. We took the metro to an evening Nationals game and the area was fine when we got off the metro and the walk back to the hotel. Hotel staff was exceptional - as always! I had forgotten my book in our auto - the valet was so nice - I asked if I could get to my vehicle to retrieve book - he said "no" but he would go and get. He brought the car around and I was so embarrassed as I hadn't brought any tip money with me. He was very gracious and the next day I made sure I gave him a tip - he just grinned! Would recommend this hotel and will stay there on our next trip to DC.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
7  Thank gncrzy

Reviewed March 27, 2007

We've now stayed at this Hampton Inn twice. First time, we were in a corner suite, and it was magnificent. Absolutely the best value in DC I have ever found - and I stay there frequently. The room we had this time was quite adequate but not the stunning value of the suite. The decor is very up-scale for a "budget" range hotel. The rooms have refrigerators and microwaves and decent coffee makers.
The hotel is relatively new and in a convenient location for me. The staff is very helpful and efficient. No bar or restaurant, but there are plenty of stores and restaurants (particularly Chinese) nearby.
We have stayed when it was quite full and with a high school group at that! The staff was quite good about getting them settled. The complimentary breakfast buffet is decent but can be something of a madhouse. Again, the staff does a great job of keeping things under control.
I would stay here again any time it's available for its location and the value.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
13  Thank VTLongTimeTraveler
Reviewed March 23, 2007

I stayed there for 4 nights during spring breck in March with my son and his family (3 school age children). The staff was very helpful , the rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The breckfast buffett was convenient with a variety to breckfast foods to choose from. Apples and bananas were available throught the day. We had no problems with the hotel itself, just be watchful as you travel to the Metro and back. As it starts getting dark the locals start coming out just as in any large city. There was always a lot of people about so we always felt self but we didn't get out after dark. There is a CVS pharmacy across from the Metro station where you can get snacks, sodas and microwavable foods, ect. If you ride the Metro from National Airport be sure to get off at the Gallery Place-Chineatown exit and not Mt Vernon Sq. We had a great time in DC and it was so nice to have a nice bed to fall into after a day of sightseeing.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends
6  Thank mtnmama-7
Reviewed March 19, 2007

It has been over a month since I had the pleasure of staying at this Hampton Inn. From the start the hotel staff far exceeded my expectations with their courtesy, helpfulness, and with appropriate negotiation their willingness to meet my requirements. Despite its location at the busy corner of Mass Ave and 6th St NW I found my room to be quiet. I actually recommend a room on the corner for the city views. The room was spacious, clean and well appointed. It was particularly cold while I was there and I found the room temperature comfortable and easy to control. The lobby was an inviting place to partake of the tasty breakfasts. The neighborhood around the convention center is a bit desolate but cabs are plentiful and the Metro is a five minute walk toward Chinatown.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business

Stayed: January 2007
16  Thank jbird1277
Travelers also viewed these Washington DC hotels
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marrio...
#69 of 142 in Washington DC
Mount Vernon Square
Homewood Suites by Hilton Washington DC Convention Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Washin...
#38 of 142 in Washington DC
Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House
Upper Northwest
Courtyard Washington Convention Center
Pod DC Hotel
Pod DC Hotel
#62 of 142 in Washington DC

Been to Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center

Address: 901 6th Street NW, at Massachusetts Avenue Northwest, Washington DC, DC 20001-2520
Location: United States > District of Columbia > Washington DC > Downtown / Chinatown
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#18 Green Hotel in Washington DC
#34 Business Hotel in Washington DC
#38 Family Hotel in Washington DC
#58 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
Price Range: $111 - $490 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center 3*
This 13 story hotel offers 228 rooms/suites complemented by public facilities which include a newly renovated lobby and breakfast area, a new bar, as well as a business center, guest laundry facility, suite shop, fitness center, meeting rooms, indoor pool with spa and valet parking garage. Each guestroom is finely appointed in a contemporary design with upscale touches. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Washington, Dc Hotel Washington Dc