This was a very nice hotel within walking distance to the Chinatown Metro. When we got back from sightseeing the 1st day, the hotel told us that the air conditioning wasn't working on our floor (10th) and we got reassigned a new room. (713) The room was very clean, and so were the bathrooms. There was a tv (only limited channels, if you wanted more, you had to pay). a microwave, a mini fridge, and a coffeemaker. They serve free breakfast from 6:00am to 10:00am, but i would advise you come early, because later at about 9:00 and 10:00 there are crowds. Also, the breakfast was very good, and the hot food was different everyday, which we liked. The breakfast staff was very friendly as well. There is a pool, which we visited, a business center with 3 computers, and a fitness room. There was also a place where you could do laundry and dry cleaning, if you stayed a little longer. This hotel is in downtown D.C, so you see many homeless people in the park benches across from the hotel and by Chinstown. They didn't talk to us, but i would advise you not to walk around this area at night. We could see the washington monument from our room; it was very far away, but we could still see it. Also, an added plus: at around 7:00, they have free chocolate chip and Oatmeal cookies and lemonade. I would also advise you NOT to rent a car, because valet parking is 34$ and why would you rent a car when there are metros and busses and plus:eveything is in walking distance from metro and bus stops? Overall, our family loved this hotel and would recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 13 story hotel offers 228 rooms/suites complemented by public facilities which include a newly renovated lobby and breakfast area, a new bar, as well as a business center, guest laundry facility, suite shop, fitness center, meeting rooms, indoor pool with spa and valet parking garage. Each guestroom is finely appointed in a contemporary design with upscale touches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelPower, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Washington, Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hampton Inn