This trip was for an interview in DC. Since I was worried about the traffic, I was looking for a hotel that would be close enough to walk to the interview. I thought the price was outstanding for a downtown hotel. The breakfast was superb, including fresh pineapple, papaya and grapefruit. The valet parking is a tad steep, but it is unlimited in/out and for this area that is a good deal. We used the metro which is only 0.2 miles from the hotel and very easy to navigate. ($14 for unlimited day pass) The pool is smaller than most, but if you are traveling with kids it is a nice place to burn energy. I found the staff to be very professional and accommodating. There is a grocery store nearby and several good restaurants (especially Asian cuisine). We walked to an Irish Pub the first night, which was delightful. I was comfortable walking around at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 13 story hotel offers 228 rooms/suites complemented by public facilities which include a newly renovated lobby and breakfast area, a new bar, as well as a business center, guest laundry facility, suite shop, fitness center, meeting rooms, indoor pool with spa and valet parking garage. Each guestroom is finely appointed in a contemporary design with upscale touches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Washington, Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hampton Inn