“Good location and very satisfied.”

Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center
Ranked #49 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Canadice, NY
“Good location and very satisfied.”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This trip was for an interview in DC. Since I was worried about the traffic, I was looking for a hotel that would be close enough to walk to the interview. I thought the price was outstanding for a downtown hotel. The breakfast was superb, including fresh pineapple, papaya and grapefruit. The valet parking is a tad steep, but it is unlimited in/out and for this area that is a good deal. We used the metro which is only 0.2 miles from the hotel and very easy to navigate. ($14 for unlimited day pass) The pool is smaller than most, but if you are traveling with kids it is a nice place to burn energy. I found the staff to be very professional and accommodating. There is a grocery store nearby and several good restaurants (especially Asian cuisine). We walked to an Irish Pub the first night, which was delightful. I was comfortable walking around at night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
John V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Guest:

we re delighted that you took time out of our busy schedule to review our Hotel. As you've mentioned, Hampton convention Center Hotel proximity majority of DC destination makes it first choice for both business and leisure travellers. Our international service Team provide exceptional personalized service to visitors from all over the world. We thank you for acknowledging our dedicated Team.

We look forward to your continuing loyalty to Hilton Branded Hotels. Should you return to Washington DC, please choose us as your Hotel of choice.

We look forward to be of service to you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Warrenton, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Hotel was nice. Clean & quiet room. Awesome free breakfast. Our second stay at this hotel, because it is close distance to Verizon Center. Valet Parking here is expensive though.. $46 including taxes... geesh. Everything great other than that.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

John V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feedback regarding recent stay at our Hotel. As you mentioned, our hotel location to Verizon Center is much appreciated by our frequent guests. Our Covered Valet parking gives added safety and security feature to our Guests. Our unlimited inout previlege is much appreciated by our guests.

Thank you for your loyalty to our Hotel. WE look forward to taking good care of you when you return.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed here Dec 15-19 for a short vacation. The hotel was our base to explore all the Smithsonian Museums. The hotel is right next to Chinatown, which means tons of inexpensive but good places to eat are within a short walk. And the National Mall is about a 20minute walk away, which wasn't a problem for us. You can take the Metro Yellow Line directly from Reagan airport to the Gallery Place Station, which is a short walk to the hotel. My wife and I did this (each pulling a suitcase) with no issues.

When we first arrived, the room had not been serviced adequately. I spoke to the front desk about this and by the time we returned from an afternoon out, the problems were fixed. The room was a good size for being in downtown D.C. Breakfast was good, especially the breakfast bagels, and was normal for a Hampton Inn. I would stay here again to explore this side of town. This is downtown hotel, so it's not quiet like in the countryside, but it didn't bother us.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the upper floors to have less city noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying with us and providing valuable feedback. Our entire team loved to have you stay with us and explore Washington DC, our Nations Capitol. I am sharing your comments with our Housekeeping Staff to identify room readiness issue you mentioned. If you have specifics, please reach out to me at 202-842-2500 ext 2263.

We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

John Varghese
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed here the night of 1/15/14. Upon booking this hotel with the reservations center I gave them my check card number so they could hold the reservation. Well on the morning of my stay the hotel had already charged my card for that night. This would not have been a problem if that was the card I had actually planned on using to pay for it. The account I used to hold the reservation did not have enough money to cover the whole total but my bank still let it go through and charged me a $35 fee. In 10 years of Staying at Hampton Inn's I have never once had a hotel charge me before I even checked in. Nor has any hotel chain I have ever stayed at. On top of that they charged me a higher rate than I was supposed to pay. I first called the hotel and spoke to the front desk and was told that this is a policy they have to make sure the money is there. If the card declines they cancel the reservation immediately. She did not seem to care at all that I now incurred a $35 fee for this and basically told me theres nothing she could do about it. I also asked this woman if there was anywhere else to park around the hotel and she refused to tell me and simply said they are not associated with any other parking companies. I wasn't even to the hotel yet and already wished I wasn't staying here. After I got off the phone with her I called the Reservations Center and spoke to two different people there who both agreed with me that this policy was unusual but once again told me theres nothing they could do. They transferred me to corporate where I was told each hotel has there own policies. I asked if they would comp me the parking which is $46 a night to make up for the bank fee and was told thats not possible. They told me to take up my issue with the hotel manager. So now I have to pay a $35 fee that I should have never incurred in the first place. This will be my LAST stay at any Hilton Property. There are plenty of other hotel chains out there who may actually appreciate my business and care about their customers compared to Hampton inn.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Austin P
John V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear guest:

Thank you for writing!

Sorry that you encountered challenging situation while recently staying with us.

Please reach out to my directly so I can assist you with your unique situation related to Bank Overdraft fee. Hote number is 202-842-2500 and ask for GM John Varghese.

John Varghese
Fairfax, VA, United States
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is an acceptable hotel; clean and generally efficient. I stay here each month for 2-3 nights on business. The staff is attentive and the rooms are well maintained. The food is horrible. Luckily, there are several restaurants within walking distance for dinner, however, that is not the case a breakfast time. I generally try to pick up healthy snacks to tide me over until lunch.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Loretta C
John V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback regarding recent stay at our Hotel. We look forward to addressing your concern during your next trip to our Hotel.

Thank you for your loyalty to our Hotel.

Sincerely
Richmond Hill, United States
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Everything about the hotel was great regarding room condition and staff. Unfortunately due to the hotels location in the city, it's can be a bit annoying hearing sirens blaring in the middle of the night being so close to a fire station. Better soundproofing should be considered when building hotels in these type locations. However, the hotel is in great proximity to the sites. Also I don't understand why a lot of hotels don't have better ventilation in the bathrooms when taking a shower. Not everyone wants a steam shower environment. If the hotel has it's own parking, I think it is absolutely ridiculous to charge guests $30+ a day for parking.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Antonio J
Dear Antonio:

Thank you for writing!

Your feedback is very important to us to improve service delivery. Please accept our apologies for not getting the very best of service out of our Hotel based on your note. we will take a look at your room and see what can be done about bathroom ventillation. As you mentioned, Hotels location makes it very appealing for leisure and business.

Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to your return.

Colton, United States
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This hotel was in a great location, for using the public transportation system, Chinatown, Verizon Center, Convention Center. Many Eateries located nearby, and also a Safeway if we needed to by munchies for our room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Nicholas R
John V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Guest:

Your description of our hotel location is very beneficial to an out of town visitor to Nation's Capital. Our location is central to business travelers and leisure alike.

Proximity to metro stops, restaurants and grocery shops allow many of our guests to stay with us but catch the metro work in suburbs like Silver Spring, MD, Arlington, Alexandria & Crystal City, VA.

Our entire team looks forward to your next visit to our Hotel.