This hotel was booked for me by my hosts. When travelling on business I usually prefer staying at high end business hotels, and was therefore disappointed to discover that I had been booked at this hotel.
While definitely not a high-end hotel, I have to say that after three nights of stay it has grown on me.
The reception area is modern and welcoming, the hotel staff were always extremely polite and professional.
The room, while definitely not luxurious, was very clean and has everything you could need. My initial room, on the 10th floor, had a view of the huge car ad across the road and was therefore quite dark. My second room, on the top 13th floor, had a nice view of the neighborhood and good light from the window.
A problem with the large in-room air conditioning unit was immediately fixed by the hotel's capable maintenance guy.
The hotel has free wifi everywhere, which is almost unique in my DC (in fact my US) experience.
The hotel also has a free hot breakfast buffet which was very popular. They also have free breakfast to go packages for those who don't have time to sit and eat (I took one on my final morning and it had an apple, a muffin, a health bar and some bottled water).
I did feel somewhat out of place in my business suits, compared to the other guests who were mostly US and a few foreign tourists, but the hotel did give you an overall warm feeling.
All in all, a budget hotel with very good service and some attention to detail which some high end hotels should copy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 13 story hotel offers 228 rooms/suites complemented by public facilities which include a newly renovated lobby and breakfast area, a new bar, as well as a business center, guest laundry facility, suite shop, fitness center, meeting rooms, indoor pool with spa and valet parking garage. Each guestroom is finely appointed in a contemporary design with upscale touches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelPower, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Washington, Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hampton Inn