“Excellent Santorini Greek cuisine”
Review of Mourayo

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: S Street
Transit: RED line metro stop(Dupont Circle, Q street exit)
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We ate here with another couple in late September based on enthusiastic recommendations from a number of travellers at the guest house we were staying, and we were not disappointed.
I often find Greek food can be a bit heavy and oily, but Mouramyo is a complete departure from that style with very fresh ingredients, innovative combinations that worked well together across all of our dishes. They were happy to aced to requests such as the lamb cooked well done rather than rare.
The menu offers a good range of starters, mains and the desserts were delicious. The wine list concentrates on Santorini whites in particular although we found a good red to our satisfaction.
Service and atmosphere were excellent and good respectively

We would all return here for another visit when back in DC

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Walked in- single diner. Seated immediately. Great service. Fabulous selection of Greek wines by region. Food was so delicious I was stunned. The Pork medallions with figs, almonds and yoghurt are one of the most delicious dishes I've ever had. The Greek cheesecake was light and delicious. The service was top notch and friendly. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

While visiting Washington DC, we had chosen Mourayo for our anniversary dinner. What an excellent choice! This restaurant was very well recommended by our B&B, and it did not disappoint. The decor is simple, but feels homey, and the service was excellent.

We started off with the Atlantis wine from Santorini. The pita bread was very fresh and tasty. For an appetizer, we chose the shrimp with ouzo, tomato and feta. If you like shrimp, you must try this. For entrees, my husband had the scallops, and I had the pork loin with mourani cheese, and fig and honey sauce. This dish was incredible! It really reminded me of the Greek Islands! I am still dreaming about the meal over a week later!

For dessert, try the pistachio baklava or the cake with pear...both were excellent.

I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. We will definitely visit again on our next trip to DC.

1  Thank 2travelingbunnies
Reviewed September 11, 2013

A very classy and nice restaurant. Great food and great service.
Appetizers were well proportioned. You must try the octopus!

Not super expensive, but not exactly cheap either. None of the wait staff were traditional Hellenes, but they were well informed of ins and outs of the menu.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I am a vegetarian and this was my first visit to this restaurant. I was in town for work, so my Boss and I chose this restaurant for some light food to share. From start to finish, every bite was decadent, service was very good, with excellent recommendations on items to try. We shared the dishes that we ordered so that we could sample a few items from the menu. We ordered the "Kypriako Haloumi me Sousami" (Sesame crusted Cypriot haloumi cheese, mixed grilled vegetables), the "Poikilia Lahanikon“Messene” (Vegetarian dish- beets, backed broad beans, butternut squash patties, fingerling potatoes, grilled vegetables, oyster mushrooms, tzatziki), and the "Manouri stin Shara", (Manouri cheese, roasted peppers, & almonds stuffed in phyllo). Nice wine selection and recommendation was perfectly paired with the food choices. The ambience is also very nice, and allows for you to have conversation with guests without the need to talk loudly across the table. This has become a new favorite of ours and will be top of my list on my return trip(s) to the DC area.