“Enjoyable”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: S Street
Transit: RED line metro stop(Dupont Circle, Q street exit)
Reviewed December 25, 2012

The restaurant was not crowded on the Tuesday evening when we ate there. It has a home atmosphere and excellent for a quiet dinner. I value the food to be just above average.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband and I ate at Mourayo tonight and it was delicious! From the appetizers (crabmeat and manouri cheese pie and traditional greek salad) to the entrees (I HIGHLY recommend the pork loin medallions with figs, almonds, manouri cheese and honey sauce) to the service, this place was a home run. Everything was excellent and we would definitely recommend it!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Went with my family last night in search of Greek cuisine and found this gem nearby in Dupont Circle.
Lucky we booked beforehand as it filled quickly after 7:30pm.
We started with a selection of Greek Dips ( all excellent ) and also one of the specials ( Paxiados?)
My youngest daughter had a duck moussaka (which was delicious++) and my eldest daughter had the recommended lamb cutlets ( which were succulent and perfectly prepared ).
My wife had Monk-fish and I had Dorade - fish. Both were Ok but cam with an almost identical sauce which somewhat overpowered the flavour of the fish.
The staff veer engaging and attentive
The ambience was just right as was the noise level.
It is in a great spot in Dupont Circle . Easily accessible on the Red line Metro.
Finished the meal with a Gelato just a few doors down the road ( daughtr's choice )
Overall - a great choice and one that will not disappoint.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Whenever we want to go Greek we go to Mourayo which one of our favorite Greek Restaurants in DC. The service is excellent and the food is always fresh, but it on the high end.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The restaurant was full when we arrived, so service was a little slow, as was the food coming out. For example, the waiter had to be reminded twice to give us the desert menu and three times for another bottle of water. The starters were nice, we had the selections and soup. The main course was variable, I liked the lamb chops, but the others did not like their lamb stew and the fish was ordinary. The desert selection plate was good value, as expected, the deserts were all very sweet. Just an OK meal.