“Good but not great...”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Upper Northwest
Cross street: Porter/Ordway
Transit: Cleveland Park Metro (Red line)
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Good but not great...”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

A group of 7 of us dined here as part of a celebration - the restaurant itself has a great atmosphere - two levels with tables around an open atrium. The staff was curteous although not terribly helpful when it came to the menu - several members of our group sort of knew what they wanted but couldn't find it on the menu. We also had a hard time flagging down our waiter and had to wait for our water glasses to be refilled - service was not very attentive. We ordered lots of different dishes and I have to say that none of them really 'wowed' me - it was good - but certainly not the best Indian food I have ever had. I think the highlight of the meal was the dessert portions; they were more impressive than the meal itself. I'd go again if someone suggested it - but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to go there again. It is, however, very conveniently located right outside a Metro stop - parking in this area of town is very challenging!

• Visited November 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Our favorite Indian Restaurant, right in Cleveland Park”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We love Indian food, and I think this is the best it gets in Washington, DC. The service is very nice, the food is divine, and it is very close. I totally prefer the Cleveland Park Indique over the larger, Friendship Heights Indique, because it is, in my opinion, prettier, more charming, by far.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank soncijo
Alexandria, Virginia
“excellent Indian food”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Always a great experience for us. Great service, food, ambiance and able to take care of larger parties.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank marlow N
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Disappointing meal”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The food did not live up to expectations or the gracious welcome. We found our food choices bland and each had the same rice and vegetable accompaniments. Perhaps we didn't order well, but would have appreciated some guidance from the waiter. Lesson learned. Always ask about spice level and flavors. At any rate, Indique pales in comparison to Rasika.

• Visited September 2012
MySuiteCase
“please, take the bread away!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

i was late for my dinner with my new friends there.
they did all the orders and selected the food.
in the mean time.. we needed to ask for 4 more portions of magic bread.
food is Indian but with a nice international touch.
we enjoyed the food with a nice bottle of Malbec.

• Visited April 2012