“IRISH!!!”
Review of Fado Irish Pub

Fado Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Fado Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #220 of 3,292 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Irish, British
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great place to have a pint and listen to the bartenders speak with Irish accents. They are usually very busy before sporting events and of course on St Patrick's Day and have a very unique decor that is worth checking out

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The fish and chips at Fado is amazing! I frequent this resturant at least once a month. The staff is very polite and have authentic Irish accents. It is wonderful place to go and great for sporting events.

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I've been 2 times in the past year on my trips to DC. This time I was solo at the bar. The bartender was prompt initially, but then seemed to forget about me. The lamb dip I had was really good, and I think the atmosphere would be pretty good with a group of friends. I think it's a little overpriced, and while the food was good, it wasn't great. These are both things I can overlook to give a place a second try, but the lack of attention from the bartender bothered me. It was early enough in the night that it wasn't yet busy, just a few groups of folks, do that doesn't explain it. Nothing was horrible, but I don't think I'll give them another try.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Service was great. We had a cold rainy day and stopped in for lunch to warm up. Atmosphere brought us back to a recent visit to Ireland (where the weather was the same :-). Food well prepared and the fireplace (and a Guiness) helped warm us !

Reviewed March 30, 2013

A decent Irish theme bar with a fairly good menu of tasty food. Great selection of beer on draught served by reasonably friendly staff that can appear a little grumpy at first but persevere and they lighten up nicely

There are a couple of screens around for catching any sports that might be on. Decent music playing if a little loud when trying to get served.

This is a good spot to call into of you are heading to the Verizon Center.