“Still Love It”
Review of Pesce

Pesce
Reserve with OpenTable
Pesce is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #289 of 3,215 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Still Love It”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I ate at and reviewed Pesce on a previous trip to DC. My first dinner meeting was for business as was this most recent visit. I don't recall (and am too lazy to look up) what I said in my first review except that I believe I gave Pesce a stellar review. I am pleased to report that Pesce is as outstanding as I remembered. If you are a seafood lover who likes their restaurants unpretentious and delicious, then this is the place to go for seafood in the DuPont Circle and in all of DC. Keep up the good work!

• Visited August 2013

Spokane, Washington
“Excellent sea food near DuPont Circle”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have been to Pesce a few times and the food is always good. I recommend the sea scallops and soft shell crab. The salads and desserts are also prepared to delight. If you like sea food , you will not be sorry eating here.

• Visited July 2013
Ayrshire, United Kingdom
“Did they want two gratuities?”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

As you would expect a fish restaurant with one steak dish.From a blackboard menu we both choose lobster risotto and a bottle of Sauvignon blanc.The risotto was a taste sensation and worth the 29 dollar price tag.The service was efficient and professional. The check included a 20 per cent gratuity which I did not have an issue with.On presenting my card the check returns with the tip section left blank.Who gets the gratuity and who gets the tip?I left the tip section blank.I should have questioned this anomaly but did not.The tip system is a mine field,they should pay their waiting staff a decent wage.None the less the meal was excellent.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Con B
Maidenhead
“Good Seafood Restaurant”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I can see why this place has been getting good reviews and why we were lucky to get in. The service and food were very good, almost 5* quality.

The food was well presented and my wifes scallops (again) were large and juicy.

The menu is displayed on a blackboard which isbrought to the table which indicate the fresh produce is used, indeed we witnessed deletions thrugh the evening as items sold out, to a foodie this is a good a stock is being being turned rapidly.

The restaurant was full, midweek, the staff were attentive but not overpowering. Idealy located for the Dupont Circle, would definately revisit and would book next time to ensure a table as I suspect this restauant will become even more poplar.

Visited June 2013
Washington Dc
“Horror Story Zero Rating”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Four of us went to Pesce for an early dinner tonight Sunday (6:45 PM), we had made a reservation and we got seated right away to a nice table but that was the only good thing I have to say about the experience. After seating at our table for a while the server came and brought the "menu board" and never asked us if we wanted drinks. We had to tell her that we had been there before and new the system. We ordered drinks and she brought 2 first and after a while she brought the next two. We could see that she was also playing "bartender" since between serving tables she also went behind the bar. Once she finally got to us to take the orders we had finished our first round of drinks and ordered a second, the same thing happened, 2 came first and 2 came later. When our first courses arrived we got lucky and 3 of us got the appetizers we had ordered and the 4th person waited until almost the 3 of us had finished. When it came time to delivering the entrees the service was staggered also. I had ordered grilled snapper that arrived beautifully presented but someone in the kitchen forgot to heat it, it was ice-cold. My other dinner companions meals were lukewarm at best but the opted to keep them, I sent my back since it was ice-cold. Time passed and nothing was coming my way and when I got up to complain I was told that they were doing "their best" since they were so busy. I told them that I was expected to pay for the meal and they say they would talk to me at my table. My food never arrived and my 3 dinning companions finished their meals. One of my friends at the table got up since he was so upset and told them that we were being taken for a ride and that we wanted a discount or he would make a scene. They did not want to deal with us so they comped the entire dinner and we walked out without paying a penny and very disappointed. The bottom line was that there were only 2 servers and one bus person and the place was teaming, every table was taken and one of the servers was doubling as a bartender. Too bad for such a place that has been around for a long time and really was awful. The only things that I ate were the raw oyster for $18 and they were miniscule and did not taste fresh. Too bad, I will never go back there again neither should you.

• Visited June 2013