“Whip Smart and Button Cute”
Review of Pesce

Pesce
Reserve with OpenTable
Pesce is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #383 of 3,342 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Reviewed November 10, 2012

In hip Dupont Circle, this fish extraordinare just west of the Circle on P offers a tableside chalkboard menu of fresh seafood items. A helpful staff offers suggestions if you can't decide from the many selections. I had the arugela salad (with smoked trout) and a monkfish ossobucco for my entree. Even without a reservation on a busy Friday night, I was provided a table almost immediately without fuss. Fun artwork throughout the space.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

The first thing that hits you is that while the prices are DC high, the menu is on a blackboard placed on a nearby chair by your waiter, bistro-like. Someone has a heck of a job changing that every day in neat, small print.
There with my wife and old friend we had a variety of fish dishes from popcorn shrimp to rock fish, scallops (big and meaty) and branzino (with spinach and mushrooms) and all were delicious. There are one or two meat dishes too - duck and steak when we were there. The wine list offers some interesting choices and is not overly-priced.
Service was OK, until the waiter took the board away and pushed the chair in a vigorously and slammed it into my knee. Also we were not impressed that they started to prep for the next day and the lights were put on full at 10.15 to give us the message they would really like us to leave. A lot less subtle than the flavors we'd enjoyed.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I recently invited a client out to dinner at Pesce. I needed a place that was low key, relatively but not too quiet and had really good seafood. I got all of that plus excellent service at Pesce. If you're looking for upscale or pretentious, Pesce is not for you. If you love fresh fish and professional yet easy going service, you won't do better than Pesce.

1  Thank Howard L
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I've had better, bigger mussels, but any bistro that knows enough to put Muscadet (best with fish) by the glass on its menu has my vote. I was in a hurry and by myself, but I thought the place was great. It looked empty from the street and I was a little apprehensive, but there were actually a lot of people inside...

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Was staying nearby in DuPont circle , and decide to give it a shot , fresh seafood and great atmosphere , a little noisy buy very decent meal .