“Brunch with the new holiday menu”
Review of Seasons

Reserve with OpenTable
Seasons is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #494 of 3,394 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 29th Street & M Street
Transit: 38B Metro Bus Georgetown Metro Connection (blue bus system from Foggy Bottom to Rossyln Metro Stops) Closest Metro stops: Foggy Bottom Metro (George Washington University) and Dupont Circle
Description: Seasons restaurant at the Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, offers a bright, tranquil setting for the morning crowd of movers and shakers, visiting dignitaries and discreet people watchers. Under the direction of Executive Chef Doug Anderson, the Georgetown restaurant’s traditional dishes come alive with elegant twists: from the lemon ricotta pancakes to international flavours like the Huevos Rancheros. Tuck into a delectable mix of regional and seasonal ingredients during breakfast and Sunday brunch, which features bottomless mimosas and seven different stations, including a live action station where food is made to order in front of guests. A favourite amongst local and visiting guests alike, Seasons is known for its “power breakfasts.” It's the place to see and be seen and to hold a top-secret discussion under the radar. It's also the home of senators, diplomats, ambassadors and corporate executives all making important decisions over the most important meal of the day.
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I've been to Seasons for brunch five times in the in the past seven months. There is always a variation in service and quality of food. And I always believe there is not enough changes in the menu.

This time was my favorite for service and menu. We were called to confirm our reservation for two with the sad message that Brunch would be in the Bourbon restaurant that day. A charity event was taking place which left the hotel decorated with the most unique Christmas trees.

We arrived 30 minutes early and were seated at a generous table by the window for four, we only had two in the reservation.

The space was not ideal and you can see the service staff struggling to keep up with the food and service. They did very well, even if no one greeted me by name.

We discovered pink grapefruit mimosas as an escape from the norm. The crabcakes were still on the menu (thank you!) and the short ribs were finally gone (thank you!!) and replaced with carne asada. I love fish but skip the fish dish each time because it's dried and overcooked.
The raw bar was delicious and fresh. I wasn't a huge fan of the "taco" bar as everything tasted the same which was a bit bland. The dessert station still has beautiful visuals but still needs to work on the quality and taste.

There is a large variety of flavors and foods. It's a lovely restaurant for any type of social gathering. If you're staying in the hotel, you have no excuse not to go!

I wish I knew the holiday menu would be this delicious ahead of time. Trying to make reservations for Christmas Brunch for my family of 3 has been impossible.

2  Thank travellotus
FourSeasonsHotelDC, General Manager at Seasons, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear travellouts,

First of all, thank you for your continued patronage. We are delighted to hear you enjoy visiting our Sunday Brunch in Seasons restaurant so frequently. Secondly, we greatly appreciate your feedback, it is what makes us stronger as a team and helps us ensure we continue to provide the best quality food and service to all of our guests.

We truly appreciate your understanding the need to move our Sunday Brunch for one day to Bourbon Steak. The fundraiser was our annual Georgetown Jingle, an event to help raise money for children with cancer at Georgetown University Hospital. I am glad that our Seasons team was able to provide you with great service despite the change in location.

I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed the food options offered in the new menu as well as the items that stayed! We made even more changes last week with the launch of our Winter Brunch. For example, the Pomegranate Molasses Grilled Lamb Chops have been very popular as well as the new action station; Noodles which proved to be an immense hit. The Noodle station offers pork and kimchee noodles, Shrimp Pad Thai and the Oxtail broth.

I appreciate your comments regarding our dessert and have spoken to our Executive Pastry Chef. If you have any specific desserts that you found lacked taste and quality, please let us know as we are happy to review them and possibly consider changing them.

I am sorry you could not join us for Christmas Day Brunch as we indeed were sold out weeks in advance. Nonetheless, we would be delighted if you would join us in the near future to experience the Winter Brunch and let us know what you think of the new dishes.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Seasons and wishing you a presperous 2013,

Yvette Thomas-Henry
Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Had 2012 Thanksgiving Brunch at the "Seasons" at the Four Seasons Washington DC. We had done this about 4 years a go and decided to go back. The brunch was much smaller then past years so smaller selection BUT the selection that was available was Great. I am a Breakfast Brunch person and I enjoy some good breakfast selections. Though a bit on the short side the omlette I had was perfect and the bacon was best I have had in such a long time. The Service was the best. There were many servers and management staff. The wife is a Dinner Brunch person and she tried all the dinner type stuff. The peel-and-eat shrimp were about the size of peel-and-eat lobsters; BIG. She enjoyed all the traditional Thanksgiving fare. The desert bar was also small BUT again all we tried was first class. It was $100 a person which is actually very good for the DC area and based on the quality it was fare to low priced. I have family already planned for next year and will have this on my short list for Thanksgiving.

1  Thank Bill L
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Very nice Brunch. Excellent food choices, excellent service--clean, clean, clean! Just what you would expect from such an establishment. This place delivered on all fronts. I do not know what the ratio of guests to personnel was, but, I can tell you, it's over the top. You wont be left thinking you need something very long before someone is there at your beck and call. Really expensive--but, when they deliver, it always feels like money well spent.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Went today to Seasons' restaurant, after having an awful experience, when they did not acknowledge my reservations for Easter Brunch. When I called for Easter, they even took the credit card number. Had to do a last minute run, with visitors at home, to see whether there was an alternate location.

Today, the same thing happened, after about six months. Really unfortunate. Food quality nor service is of any value if they do not honor reservations. Today they mentioned to take the name of the person, but it should not be the customer's responsibility, if there is a management problem, they should take care of it. Thankfully, there are enough quality restaurants that are responsible, that we dont have to take another chance.

FourSeasonsHotelDC, Manager at Seasons, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Smunozblay,
Thank you for joining us for Sunday Brunch at Seasons Restaurant and for taking the time to share your recent experience. I am deeply sorry that we did not have your recent reservations or Easter Brunch reservations on file.

I have followed up with our Reservations and Seasons Restaurant Managers, as well as their entire teams to investigate what happened. I assure you that this will not happen again. It is our mission to provide exceptional service and convenience to each and every one of our guests and I am truly sorry to hear that we fell short of our goal.

However, I am glad that we were able to accommodate you and your guests for our Fall Sunday Brunch and that you thought the staff was courteous. Also, if you would like, our Assistant Director of Food & Beverage, Kathleen O’Connor, will gladly assist you with any requests or reservations in the future. You can contact her directly at 202-944-2024 or email her at kathleen.o’connor@fourseasons. I hope to welcome you back to Seasons Restaurant and regain your trust in our reservations system.

Yvette Thomas-Henry
Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 31, 2012

There was a great choice of both cold and warm dishes.On that day there was also a stand with really nice and spicy food.
the service was excellent and very quick