“Mixed experience” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sette Osteria

Sette Osteria
Reserve with OpenTable
Sette Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 3,189 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: Connecticut avenue and R street
Transit: Red Line Dupont Circle stop; exit onto Q street (north end of station) and walk one block north on west side of Connecticut to Sette Osteria. We are on the southwest corner of Connecticut Avenue and R Street, two blocks north of Dupont Circle (formerly the location of the Janus movie theaters). Sette Osteria next to G-Star/ Benetton.
New Delhi, India
“Mixed experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We dropped in here after a long day walking the National Mall.. We were promptly seated, but saw many people waiting after 7:30-8:00.. The menu was full sized, and the wine section good.. We finally had the Melanzane Alla Parmigiana for my wife and Pollo Alla Parmigiana for me.. I made the mistake of ordering a carafe of wine (I couldn't finish it alone!!).. My wife found her dish too cheesy while I found my dish quite good.. Did have to remove the thick layer of cheese at the halfway point in favour of the chicken.. My experience was good, while my wife was average..

I think the Osteria wasn't to blame.. It was more our luck in ordering from the menu, and the relatively less choices for a vegetarian?!

• Visited September 2012

Wilsonville, Oregon
“Great food, friendly professional service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Would I go back again? Yes, without a doubt! Ordered primarily from the daily specials menu. Everything was cooked perfectly with fresh flavors. Servers come from a diverse ethic collection of people, but were friendly, gracious, and helpful. Two thumbs up!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
US
“Lovely food and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is a great italian place that serves fresh food with a staff that is always friendly and knowledgeable. It is in the Embassy area off of Dupont Circle -- easy to get to. Every time we went (which was often) they managed to find us a table, even without a reservation.

Visited September 2012
Canberra, Australia
“Somewhat dissapointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Modern Mediterranean-style food and decor, set on a corner with good views of the streetscape. I had the fixed price menu which seemed to promise good value. The entre of eggplant neapolitan was nicely presented and had good textures but lacked depth of flavour. The waiter messed up my order for mains and my pollo arrosto arrived well after my dinner companions had finished their meal. It was overcooked, dry and also wanted for flavour. The crème brulee was nice however. Noise levels were sufficiently high to make conversation a little difficult at times. Overall somewhat disappointing.

• Visited August 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Run of the mill Italian...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Staying a week in Washington, we ate at some fabulous restaurants (all reviewed)...this asn't one of them.

We were a party of 8 without a booking on a blisteringly hot night so really it is our own fault we ended up here...always beware the place that has availability when all of its neighbours are packed out.
Starters took an AGE to come but the scallops were decent. Mains then took a further AGE and were bland when they did come.
Only a couple of the group were hardy enough to order dessert...another wait but they did look ok.
This isn't a bad place...but neither is it any good. I wouldn't eat there again.