Ways to Experience National World War II Memorial
from $64.00
from $13.50
from $56.00
9,318 results
All reviews greatest generation honor flight men and women beautiful tribute fitting tribute lives lost reflecting pool national mall water features beautiful at night walk around states memorial pillars veterans territories wreaths
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have to say it is odd to see a memorial for the second world war of 1941 to 1945, but reflects the US's entry following Pearl Harbour. It is a superb memorial detailing both the Atlantic and Pacific theatres. There are quotes all around the memorial picking out key moments of the war. The memorial sits in the mall between the Washington and Lincoln monuments, but without obscuring the view of all these major sites. Take time to visit, it is well worth the time and reflect on what the gold stars represent, moving.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

It is about time that veterans from WWII are honored with this exhibit. While it is a shame it is not an indoor exhibit showing all facets of the War, it is also understandable. First, since it was a monumental war and time, with so much involvement in different areas of the world, I am not sure it is possible to have such a large building reflecting all of it. Also, my understanding is that because of the location, they did not want to build a museum there that would block the view from the Capitol Building to the Lincoln Memorial. This memorial certainly deserves to be in the National Mall, with the other honored places for great leaders. My father fought in Tunisia and France and it makes one very humble to see all the countries represented. Please go and pay tribute and thanks to those that sacrificed so much to better our country and help the rest of the world.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I especially wanted to visit this memorial as my father and father-in-law both served. This is a beautiful memorial and to see those gold stars each representing one hundred lives is sobering. It is nice to see each state represented and both the Atlantic and Pacific areas. The fountains are refreshing to see on a hot and humid day. We are losing so many of our WW11 veterans each day and I love that there is a program to try and get each of them to Washington DC to see this memorial dedicated to them. My father-in-law was able to visit before his death and my father has also been to visit, even though it was not through this program. If you have a loved one that has never been, check into this opportunity.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

It is really gratifying to see the WW2 vets visiting the memorial. They gave their all for this country. My daughter and I were at Reagan National waiting for our departing flight and an Honor Flight arrived. It was one of the most moving experiences to cheer the vets as they deplaned. Goose bumps.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Its a beautiful tribute to our soldiers who gave their all so we could be free. It makes you reflect on life and has a real sense of peace at this monument