“melts in your mouth from delicious beginning to scrumptious end.”
Review of The Melting Pot

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: Between M and N Streets
Transit: To travel to our restaurant on the Metro, take the red line to Dupont Circle and exit the South side. We are a block and a half down 19th Street on the right hand side.
Goodyear, Arizona
“melts in your mouth from delicious beginning to scrumptious end.”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

impeccable service, beautiful food, irresistable desserts. pricey, but a perfect special occasion venue. i would go back as often as i could.

• Visited June 2011

New York City, New York
“Take a dip on your trip”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I've been to Melting Pots in a number of differnt cities and they are stack up well. DC's melting pot is no exception. Yes its a pricier meal with a tally of something like $150/couple all in but its a 2-3 hour dining experience that really promotes conversation and good times to be had by all. If you're having a special night it can be intimate and nice and if you jast HAVE to have dinner with that boring couple across the street then at least the food and making it yourself is something to talk about.

It can be a little on the noisy side but thats just the vibe of the place. Well recommended. Big Night Out is a good deal and the Turtle dessert is a favorite.

Mercersburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a treat”
Reviewed June 5, 2010

We have dined at many Melting Pot restaurants across the country. They are always wonderful experiences.
It's great to slow down and enjoy a meal without feeling rushed. The atmosphere is cozy and romantic--all locations have high-backed booths. Among the best wine selections in the country. Excellent servers, fresh ingredients, a fun way to dine out. Our choice for special occasions. Definitely something different!

Monterrey, Mexico
“Really romantic place”
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Hi

I went for a half day trip to Washington DC and I tried this restaurant. We went at 4pm when they just opened. It was really nice place. I love the decoration. We order the full meal. It was really great the whole experience. I will love to go back there. It was a lot of food and the service was excellent.

San Antonio TX
“Very poor service and they tried to overcharge us”
Reviewed March 30, 2009

We had visited The Melting Pot at other locations in texas and decided to try the one in DC when we met with some family in the capitol city.
The quality of the food was fine (same as we had experienced previously) but the service was terrible.Night began with our waiter announcing how "smashed he and his marine mates got last night" and so "bear with" him.We had 7 in our party and decided to order 3 of the fondue fusions which the chef assured us would be more than enough food and it was.We basically seen our waiter the rest of the night only when he delivered or collected a course. So we poured our own wine, sat with empty water glasses during courses,tried to fix problems with the fondue ourselves, get silverware(we were 1 set short to begin with and then were given no spoons etc to use with the multitude of sauces that accompany the entree course) by walking up to the kitchen or speaking with a waiter at another distant table. One of the cheese fondues was not heating properly at all.When I got up walked over, got the hostess (because our waiter was no where to be found) she checked it out and patronizingly said its not hot because you are all not eating it to which we replied "we are not eating it becuse it is not hot".....no solution!
The table we were seated at was very cramped to begin with for 7 people but when all the dishes came it became impossible. As I said all the food was fine but at the end after waiting about 10 mins to ask for the check and then 10 mins to get it back I noticed they had charged extra for the desserts which I understood was included. He said it was and he would speak to the manager .Then he came back and sid the manager has deducted $7.50 .The overcharge was $15 but by that time I had enough and just paid the bill including the 18% they had added on because it was a party over 5. I have never so much wanted to fight to have this charge removed but really just wanted to leave.
What made the whole experience especially bad was that the previous night we had an amazing meal in the beautiful Willard Room at the Willard Hotel and it cost only $100 more and was one of the most memorable ever.
I would not recommend anyone eat at this Melting Pot Location and my guests and I will not eat at any of there restaurants again.

1 Thank PabloSanAntonioTX