“Sunday Brunch”
Review of Juniper

Juniper
Reserve with OpenTable
Juniper is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #216 of 3,237 Restaurants in Washington DC
Transit: Foggy Bottom Metro Stop, orange and blue lines
London
“Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I booked this as a special treat for my mum's birthday whilst we were in DC. We were both beyond excited. The staff wished my mum a happy birthday which was so lovely. We were early and seated by the window but in a section that is rather closed off. The waiter hovvered all the time which I found very annoying, I would much rather just ask if I need something. We did have to ask for coffee twice and only received one 'bottomless' mimosa - never being asked if we wanted another.

The brunch is good - there is a lot of choice, however (and considering we began as soon as it was ready) the sausages and bacon and potatoes were already cold). The fruit and seafood selection was excellent as were the desserts. We found it hard to choose from one of the entrees as the choice wasn't great but the French toast was good.

I suppose it just didn't completely live up to what we had expected.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank PruS

• Korean first
Valdosta, Georgia
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife stayed at the Fairmont. Juniper was outstanding!! I had Salmon with risotto. Best risotto we had ever tasted!! Wife had the crab cakes and found them to be "Dee" licious!! Also had Beetini made with honey from rooftop honeycombs. It was great !!
Go eat here when in DC!!

• Visited August 2013
Nevada
“Very good breakfast buffet”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The breakfast buffet was wonderful. They had very good bacon, sausage, eggs, potatoes, pastries, breads, and very fresh fruit. It was reasonable for Washington D.C. They also had an awesome Rhubarb Cobbler that I had one evening. Never ate dinner there as we wanted to explore different items but you can't go wrong with the breakfast buffet. All staff was very friendly.

Visited August 2013
boston
“Pleasant dinner”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Everything was deliciously prepared, try the homemade honey walnut bread with honey from their own beehive it was amazing, food was very well made they use mostly local ingredients, organic and can accomodate different diets paleo, macrobiotics, gluten free, diabetic, vegan etc...

• Visited August 2013
Boston, MA
“Always Wonderful!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have dined here several times for breakfast and dinner and have not been disappointed. Most recently, I was here for dinner on two nights.

This restaurant is hyper-aware of the importance of sustainably-produced, seasonal, and local food. The menu changes often depending on what is available and it is treat to discover what the chef has planned.

Juniper is also a leader in offering dishes that accommodate many dietary restrictions - gluten-free, raw, vegan, DASH, diabetes - while making each offering as appealing and creative as possible.

Service is friendly, attentive, and professional. The servers are happy to answer questions about the menu and wine list and offer thoughtful insights. The dining room is modern and under-stated and has a serene atmosphere. One side of tables and booths face the street and the other side offers more privacy.

I also enjoyed the amazing honey walnut bread that another reviewer mentioned. It was dense and warm and the rooftop honey is amazing! On the first night, I had the scallops and on the second visit, I had the crab cakes. Both meals were nicely presented and fresh.

On a visit earlier this year, I dined here for breakfast. There is always a fabulous buffet in addition to the menu, which has many good options, including light and healthy selections.

Whether you are a guest at The Fairmont or are local, I highly recommend having a meal at Juniper.

• Visited July 2013