“Chef Timms, what an asset.”
Review of Juniper

Juniper
Reserve with OpenTable
Juniper is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #220 of 3,257 Restaurants in Washington DC
Neighborhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Cross street: 24th and M
Transit: Foggy Bottom Metro Stop, orange and blue lines
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Chef Timms, what an asset.”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Service,staff, food and ambience were spot on, I would highly recommend a meal here.

Breakfast buffet is WOW, so much to choose from. Healthy options if your counting the calories and also the more filling options.

Visited March 2013

• Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fabulous crab cakes!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Live in the neighborhood and had a gift certificate to dine here. The food was really delicious, fresh and with a very helpful and friendly staff. As a native Marylander, I can tell you these are some of the best crab cakes ever! Other entrees were also good and the desserts as well. Often an overlooked restaurant in the city but you will not go wrong enjoying a meal here.
Cocktails at the bar a bit pricey.

• Visited February 2013
Ottawa
“Fine restaurant but one unfortunate menu item”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

During several stays at the Fairmont Washington DC, I have enjoyed meals at this restaurant within the hotel. The food is usually very tasteful and well-presented. On my most recent trip, this held true for the breakfast buffet. The choices were plentiful with the traditional items as well as a few surprises. However, we also ate dinner one evening and that was a huge disappointment. I am sure it was our own fault for not having heard of Wagyu beef. Based on the waiter's description of this special (not on the menu) beef as exceptionally high quality, my partner and I both ordered it. We were horrified to discover the beef is very fatty. Had I understood, I would never have ordered it. It was simply nasty, in my opinion. My partner said "blech." When the bill came, we were equally horrified to discover each order cost $56. We had no idea. Perhaps we're not sophisticated enough for this dish, but if you don't like fatty beef - consider yourself warned!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Sarah W
Oakville, Canada
“Delicious breakfast!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was a good spot to have a brunch/breakfast for our family when we were staying at the Fairmont in Washington. They have great omelettes, and their selection of hot and cold items for breakfast is excellent. It is a very convenient location- bright, clean and comfortable with lots of windows.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank ChinookTravel_12
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Try the Crab Cakes !”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I recently spent a week in Washington DC. One of our objectives was to treat ourselves to some good restaurant visits while we were there.

One of the best restaurants we tried was the Juniper in the Fairmont Hotel. We were there for dinner over the holidays when the restaurant had a reduced menu, but this did not pose a problem. They claim to have the best crab cakes on the East Coast, and this may be true. They were fabulous!

Juniper is a light and airy space with a lot of mirrors. The staff was cheerful and very helpful. Although this is the hotel’s main restaurant, it doesn’t have that sort of feel. It would also be a great venue for a business lunch as it has a quiet and refined atmosphere.

• Visited December 2012