“Food was pretty good”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have eatenThai food in many countries, including Thailand itself. So i wasn't expecting the best Thai food. However, it was pretty decent and as an Asian travelling in the US, it met my standards for Thai food.

I went for the lunch set menu and it was value for money. Service was a bit slow but it was a full house.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is a little place on P Street with a polite staff & delicious food. The price was reasonable & the presentation was great! I wish I had taken a photo before I dove into it.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

There seems to be no shortage of Thai restaurants in DC as I passed 3 other ones on my walk to Bua Thai from the Hilton. A few blocks off DuPont Circle off P street, this little place is small but has charm. I sat at the bar inside. There is a rooftop patio, too (but not in January!).

The vegetarian green curry was very good, moderately spicy, and the tofu (had to order it extra) was fried nicely. Would definitely go back, but not to die for. If I lived on P street I wold be there all the time, though.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stopped in New Orleans, took a Caribbean cruise then drove up the east coast of the USA. We find the food in the USA varies from acceptable to poor, but we were very pleasantly surprised by the Bua Thai (dinner). We asked for Thai hot food (pet pet!) and were not disappointed. There were no worst dishes; the least good was the chicken green curry which was a bit thin and merely better than anything we've had so far in the States. The others were excellent in their own right: deliciously spicy.
The staff were Thai and the Thai waitress was very friendly. If you like Thai and you're in the area, give it a try. We just walked in off the street, no reservation was needed, at least on this occasion. There is upstairs dining but we were happy next to the bar at street level.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The food was delicious...the service was a bit slow but the food made up for it. The restaurant could stand a remodel as it was last touched in the 90's if not before. The Pad Thai was wonderful. I would skip the house salad that was iceberg lettuce for $4, but I would order the Pad Thai again in a heart beat.