“Disappointing Tom Yum”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
various
“Disappointing Tom Yum”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Tom Yum soup is a Thai hot and sour soup with fragrant herbs and fresh ingredients such as lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, cilantro, galangal (a kind of ginger), lime juice, fish sauce, and crushed chili peppers. I've had it in Southeast Asia and I was pleased to find it on the lunch menu. Ordered it with a side of steamed dumplings. I'm not sure what was in the soup but I doubt it was the usual Thai recipe. Anyway, I couldn't tell as the broth was way too salty. (It should be taken off the menu until it can be done properly.) As for the dumplings, they were doughy, too much thick pasta and a nondescript meat stuffing. Disappointing all around (though my lunch mate enjoyed his sushi).

• Visited May 2013

St. Michaels
“Maybe a bad day?”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Our group was very disappointed with our lunch the other day. My broccoli had an acrid taste as if it had been burned -even the waitress admitted that it did not taste right, yet she did not offer to take it back. Plus she gave us the check in the middle of the meal. Three of the five of us did not have good meals. I usually love this restaurant, so I hate to give it a bad review, but it has not been the restaurant that I could recommend to my friends for several months.

• Visited May 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very good, but tough parking”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I drop in on this place quite often, although we live across the bridge in NoVa. The menu is an Asian fusion style, so you have a lot of choices. And for an Asian fusion place the sushi isn't bad. Not great mind you, but certainly passable. The make a good Pad Thai, the tom ka soup is loaded with chicken and the edemame are very fresh. Decent selection of sake and wine, and the staff is pretty friendly but sometimes you need to be persistent in order to get their attention. It can get really noisy and crowded sometimes, as a lot of families will bring their kids for an early dinner. If you are looking for a quieter experience, go later in the evening. As for parking, well, there are 4 spaces out front. Let's fact it, you will need to circle the block or park some distance away, so factor that into your plans. If you are bringing grandpa in a wheelchair, you'll want to drop him off first, park, and come back. It's just the way things are in the Palisades area of DC.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank rossvesq
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very good option for neighborhood restaurant in DC”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

They serve your choice of japanese, chinese and thai. At lunch they have a option of bento box. They have few parking spaces available.

Visited November 2012
Florida
“Simply solid”
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed the green curry with chicken served as a bento box value lunch. Decent portion size, quick service and very functional meal, quite suitable for a business lunch.