“Great place, but would not go out of my way.”
Review of Bagels Etc

Bagels Etc
Ranked #64 of 3,704 Restaurants in Washington DC
Reviewed March 12, 2017

This place happened to be right across the street from our hotel and was super convenient. The place is tiny inside and has room to seat about 6 people, so don't plan on eating inside unless it is off hours.

There bagels are solid but IMO not worth a special trip. I had a breakfast sandwich one morning which was mostly made to order. They use real fried eggs (no microwave) and give you plenty of bacon. The second day I had a bagel & lox and was disappointed. While the price was very reasonable, it was just average.

The place gets crowded, but the line moves quickly. The name Etc..reflects that they sell much more than bagels and the day I was there about 50% of the orders I saw did not have bagels in them.

The people that run the place work hard, but their English is not great and you have a solid chance of something being wrong with your order.

This is a great local place to grab breakfast, but I would not travel across town to get here.

Reviewed March 10, 2017

I was visiting from NH. Good bagels are rare here. I know bagels. I bake my own bagels. So, while in DC I was hankering and hoping for a decent bagel. I turned to TripAdvisor which steered me to this place. I ordered a garlic bagel with lox spread.
I got a small doughy lump. It didn't have that clearly defined bagel hole. And it didn't have that good bagel chew. The lack of the hole causes the bagel to bake up more like a roll than a bagel. The bagel I happened to order was still hot from the oven... maybe too hot, which may have led to my experience where the bagel sorta had collapsed into this doughy ball. And to make matters worse, while I had ordered lox spread... instead I got what appeared to be a chive spread. Not what I wanted. Alas, I was already at my conference when I opened by bag.

1  Thank dsky227
Reviewed February 21, 2017

OK, they are not as chewy as NY bagels but they are really good. The vegetable omelette is memorable. The breakfast is a fabulous deal. The friendly but brisk and efficient staff is a local experience in and of itself. The line moves quickly.

Reviewed February 15, 2017

The absolutely best bagels in DC, no question about it. Perfect size (a bit on the smaller side), fantastic chewy texture and outstanding flavor. Jalapeno bagel (with scallion cream cheese) is one of my favorites, as is the everything bagel (with sausage egg and cheese)! You will NOT be disappointed! Cash only, though they do have an ATM on site.

1  Thank cphyt7
Reviewed January 31, 2017

Fast , excellent local eatery, great for tourist looking for breakfast. The food was excellent and prepared quickly. Service great ( counter service only)