“Wonderful atmosphere, good food”
Review of Martin's Tavern

Martin's Tavern
Ranked #41 of 3,341 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Georgetown
Description: At Martin's Tavern, every sitting president from Truman to G.W. Bush has dined. Ask your server to point out the booth where JFK proposed to Jackie.
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Went there with my daughter for dinner. We didn't plan to go there, we got there by chance. The place was packed full, apparently for a reason. The atmosphere is very nice and warming, and the food was good. I would definately go there again

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Very popular and atmospheric tavern that was packed on the day I visited. Good range of food and drinks and good service at a good price for DC. I chose strip loin that was a little flavourless maybe just a bad choice for me as my colleagues choices were very tasty. Would certainly return.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have never had a bad experience at all while dining here. The staff are always extremely polite and attentive. The food has always been excellent. And for myself and my friends from Georgia, it is great that they always put the Braves games on TV! Great pub, great food, great atmosphere!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

After spending the morning at Arlington National Cemetery, I decided to go across the river and enjoy the sights of Historic Georgetown. I had read about Martin's Tavern and its famous Brunswick Stew, so I doesn't to pop in and try it. It was a Saturday morning just before the normal lunch hour and the place was packed to the gills. Since I was solo, I immediately found a seat at the bar (they don't seat singles at tables). This meant I got to bypass the groups of people waiting, but also got to watch all the activity going on in this cramped little hot spot. Though I was tempted to try something else on the menu (pumpkin pancakes; bartender said they were excellent), I did order the Brunswick Stew (first time I ever had it) and it was delicious. Also as it was a cool morning, it really hit the spot. And even if I had had to wait, it would have been worth it for this stew...

1  Thank jehenson81
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is charming restaurant. Great atmosphere, great food and great service with very friently and helpful waiters. Highly recommended.