“Good Surprise”
Review of Dish

Dish
Reserve with OpenTable
Dish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #434 of 3,300 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Cross street: Between "I" & "K"
Transit: 2 blocks from Foggy Bottom Metro Station at 23rd & "I"
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed at The River Inn in Foggy Bottom. The hotel;s in-house restaurant is Dish. What a good surprise. It was our best dining experience for the week.

Dish is a fairly small restaurant; not flashy nor fancy, but nicely decored and comfortable. The food and service shined. The host manager was one of the best we ran into in all of DC. Prices are very modest for the quality delivered. It is popular with people going to the theatre at the Kennedy Center, so make reservations ahead of time or you may not get the chance to dine here.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I have been to Dish several times as I work in the Foggy Bottom neighborhood and it is a nice and convenient place for lunch. Located on the first floor of the River Inn, the restaurant does not have an extensive menu, but the food is always tasty. The portions can be big (pasta, steak) or you can go for a light lunch ( tuna tartare comes to mind). There are burgers and sandwiches, but I haven't tried them. Most entrees at lunch are $13-16. Dessert is also good (chocolate lava cake, which is rich and yummy is my favorite) Service is friendly and good, but often it takes a while for the food to come out. Overall, a good restaurant.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Food okay. Service good. It's small with a bar and a somewhat limited menu. We were guests at the hotel. A bit upscale for families.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

The food is good, but not extraordinary and a bit overpriced. The service is very good. I liked it but would not go out of my way to eat there again.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

We had a lovely meal at Dish prior to a show at the Kennedy. The service was attentive and very friendly. Our food was very good and the portion size was huge. The meals were basic meats and simple vegetable on the side. Beautiful presentation but not "fancy". Dessert was excellent. For $10 one can park for the evening and go to the show. They are a little hard to find on a small one way street.